“Very hard to work out”

The Manchester Museum
Ranked #5 of 189 things to do in Manchester
More attraction details
Owner description: The Manchester Museum is home to an array of treasures from the natural world and the many cultures it is home to. Highlights include a T.rex and fossils of other pre-historic creatures, ancient Egyptian artefacts and live amphibians and reptiles. You can handle objects from the collection, take part in hands-on activities or enjoy a glass of wine of cup of coffee whilst exploring the latest ideas in science, culture and the arts.
Liversedge, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Very hard to work out”
Reviewed 16 February 2012

We took our three children to the museum yesterday, we were very disappointed. When we first entered the museum the first exhibit was a temporary one very hard to understand exactly what the task was that the children had to complete!! When we went upstairs the displays were very impressive but unfortunately the index for all the stuffed animals was on the wall at the side and it was impossible to read because of people standing in front of it, it would have been much better if each animal had an information card with things of interest written on. Childrens ages 14,12,10. Children couldn't see facts re animals and got bored very quickly!!

Visited February 2012
1 Thank Nicky230201
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow

• Turkish first
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“Absolutely rubbish bordem”
Reviewed 15 February 2012

I'm very disappointed with what I saw at the museum as were my children I remember when it took me hours to walk around the museum as a child and teenager. Now you take like 45minutes to do it. I promised my child that he would see dinosaurs but to my disappointment there was none maybe a couple of bones and a fake tree stump. The museum has been divided in half if not more it was very very boring I'm just relieved that you don't have to pay because I would of wanted my money back!!!!!!!!! I don't know what has happened to the museum but I can definatly say I will never return unless something was done about this. And it's a shame really cos I was really looking forward to it !!!!!!

Visited February 2012
UK
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Great day”
Reviewed 11 February 2012

Great day,they are fab with kids who can be hands on and enjoy everything .. Best of all is that it is free...

Manchester
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“You have to visit here”
Reviewed 10 February 2012

Wow, so much to see and do! Real mummies, dinosaurs and lots, lots more. A lovely cafe or picnic areas. You definitely won't be disappointed.

Visited December 2011
Stockport, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“take the kids”
Reviewed 7 February 2012

if you cant take your kids or grandkids to this superb museum just take yourself its fab,and the cafe is o/k too.