“Good City Stay”
Review of ABode Manchester

ABode Manchester
Ranked #23 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 7 November 2017

Great overnight stay in Manchester.
We had a good DBB deal, booked directly with the hotel, rather than using booking agents, so we made use of the bar & restaurant facilities.
Very stylish hotel, clean, friendly service & our room was fantastic.
Very good value.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 7 November 2017

My partner and I have always had a good name for Abode however this changed this weekend. Firstly our aircon was broke, this was reported and nothing was done about it. A good safety system is put in place on an evening whereby the doors are locked so you have to a ring a doorbell- or it would be good if it was manned we waited ages to be let in by another customer!!
The food was lovely in the brassiere but to then be accused by a waiter that you hadn't paid the bill was shocking and embarrassing! The bar staff did not know what qualified in the hotel food deals and this resulted in a larger bill than expected.
Spoke to reception again on the Sunday evening regarding aircon to be told someone would be coming to the room, an hour later a phone call to say no one is coming and you have to move room!!
The lift was broke for a short period of time resulting in us having to climb to floor 4 which wouldn't have been a problem only my partner has a knee injury.
I was told I would be getting a phone call from Manager but still awaiting this.
Credit to the guy on reception I think his name was Omar. The only guy who had any customer service skills and tried to help us.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank laucrai
Reviewed 7 November 2017

Stayed at Abode on Friday £79 deal - included amazing Breakfast and a glass of prosecco in the bar for two. Excellent value especially on Friday night. Easily the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in. We also got upgraded for free as it was my birthday. Fabulous Abode. I will be back

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank lydiahale
GM_ManABode, General Manager at ABode Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2017

Good evening Lydia,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay.
I am pleased to read that we made your birthday that little bit special and hope you will be back again soon.

Kind regards,

Anthony

Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

This was our second visit to the Abode. On checkin we were offered vouchers for cocktails in the bar for £1 for booking breakfast. After we unpacked and went to the bar and were eventually approached to order our drinks it took at least 30 minutes for our cocktails to arrive. The waiter then said he didn’t know how to apply the discount and to hand them in the following morning. We ordered food which came in a decent time. Another drink order took ages. Very noisy room 212 from above and below from people walking about and doors banging The following morning was a disaster for breakfast......... we had to wait ages for our coffee order and the self service food area had been depleted due to the other guests having to wait so long. No cheese, ham, orange juice, fruit, etc,etc,etc. When the long awaited food came very fatty bacon which was inedible (and I got less than my partner), partially cooked slimy fried egg, no offer of toast. Then to add insult to injury I handed in my discount cocktail cards from the previous evening as the waiter couldn’t use them and I’ve been overcharged £15!!!!!! I want that money back and an apology from the manager for the really poor service we received

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Julie E

Good afternoon Julie,

Thank you for your feedback.
I am disappointed to read about the issues encountered during your stay and would like the opportunity to discuss this with you.
I would be grateful if you would contact me directly at the hotel at your earliest convenience to discuss your visit.

Kind regards,

Anthony Powell

Reviewed 1 November 2017 via mobile

Visited Abode for the first time - decor fab and cosy booth to drink in.

Scott was a totally fabulous host!
Excellent service and consideration to our small party of three.
He is a complete asset to the bar.

Thank you Scott, you’re one to watch !

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends

Hi Debs,

Thank you for taking the time to write about our wonderful Scott. He will be delighted to read your comments and after meeting him, I'm sure you will agree that he won't let your kind words go to his head!

I hope you will all be back soon.

Many thanks,