“Won’t be visiting again”

Frankie & Benny's Printworks
Ranked #578 of 2,467 Restaurants in Manchester
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

No consistency in the staff or the food at this branch. Visited as a family of 4 having visiting in December last year and had a lovely meal. Our visit was around 3pm the place was practically empty. We were greated and given the full menu no mention of the lunch menu which was in operation till 5pm. Barely sat and opened the menu and the waitress was there asking to take our order, needless to say we asked for more time. An older lady and her grandson came in and the same seating host that sat up gave her the full menu and the Lunch menu and explained it would be better value, yes I know I could have asked for it but I shouldn’t have to- every customer should be treated equally!
When we did order the waitress was very curt and couldn’t understand basic English I clearly asked for beans with the children’s meals and she repeated peas 3 times and each time I had to correct her. My Husband ordered a chicken dish and again had to repeat it 3 times till he eventually just pointed at the menu.
The food came quite quickly- my husbands chicken dish had turned into a Pizza, my pizza I had ordered was luke warm the kids food was ok. The waitress insisted my husband had ordered a pizza and she had to bring the menu back for him to point again at what he ordered, no apology got the mix up. The new dish was brought out in record time for a “fresh meal”. The chicken was half the size of a normal small chicken breast, bacon you could sole your shoes with it was obviously Pre cooked and reheated. The lady who came in with her grandson also complained about her food labelling it as greasy and tasteless. So not a coincidence our food was also bad.
Needless to say we didn’t actually enjoy our meals which is such a shame as this place was once good. I think they’ve re-branded and re-branded to the point it now has no identity and the food has changed for the worse. I would try another branch but will never return to the Printworks.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Frankie & Benny’s @ the PrintWorks in Manchester City Centre

On our first night in Manchester we found Frankie & Benny’s inside the PrintWorks entertainment zone. A really nice, family friendly restaurant (more a diner)! Kids loved it. Good menu (from pasta, pizza , burgers and the rest) to cater for all ages! Staff were very friendly. Food was excellent, service was very good and we had a very nice time ! Well priced and good value for money! We will definitely come back next time we are in Manchester!

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Me and my friend were going to a concert at Manchester Arena and wanted something to eat beforehand. We decided to go to Frankie & Bennys and the staff were just lovely. A man who was polish who on the receipt it said it name was “Gregg” but his real name was more difficult to pronounce was particularly accommodating. I ordered a pizza and being a American style chain did not have high hopes but I was blown away by the Home-made pizza which has been nicer than many I have eaten at Italian restaurants! We used the app for a £10 off voucher and had two pizzas, two drinks and a side of chips for just under £18! A big thank you to the gentleman that served us!

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Food was very bland, the thing that got me the most mad was the price they put on the menu is not what you pay on the bill as they add the Vat on the bill at the end.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

First up, the food is microwaved. There is no other explanation for a plate of mac and cheese being like lava around the outside and luke warm in the center.
Secondly, I realise they advertise as 'New York style' restaurant, but we're in Britain. In Britain we put VAT on the price on the menu, not add it on later as a little surprise. And this makes their microwaved food massively over priced. If I'd paid eight quid for a plate of microwaved mac and cheese, I wouldn't be happy, but I'd live with it. But the best part of a tenner? You're having a laugh! The milkshake was quite nice, but I wouldn't go back if they offered me a free meal