“Afternoon tea”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 22 September 2018 via mobile

Mid afternoon stop for afternoon tea. Delicious scones, cream and plenty of jam (or marmalade too)! Good service. Rear lounge was not too warm on a pretty chilly day when the weather changed!

1  Thank 99PSB

Reviewed 19 September 2018

We had lunch at the Lygon Arms Hotel and were pleasantly surprised at how much we enjoyed our meal, the variety of meal options, and the excellent service. We also had two couples at the table next to us who had a beautiful and friendly dog that just kept us entertained the entire time. I had the fish (cod) and chips with peas that was delicious. Remember to make a reservation before you come because it may be completely filled for lunch and/or dinner. I will definitely return on my next trip to Chipping Campden.

1  Thank Ellen K
Reviewed 15 September 2018

I came here with my travel group, The Cotswolds Walks through Andrew Guppy and we had a great time. Great food and service in a small town atmosphere pub! Oh they have lots of flavors of ice cream and it was so good!

1  Thank Hiker4jc
Reviewed 14 September 2018

I wanted to have a pint at a local Pub and invited my wife for lunch at the Lygon Arms Hotel. We were not disapointed.

The pub is cozy and my wife had the best Pim's in her life. Our lunch was simple, yet the service was prompt, courteous and the lunch, most satisfactory. We ate outside and enjoyed the scenery and the the vines - grapes that are growing outside and have weaved themselves in the surrounding structure.

Our lunch was so good, that my wife and I decided to come back in the evening for dinner. My wife had another Pim's before dinner. She had the fish and I had the beef. Other couples also enjoyed their dinner and seemed to have a good time. Again, the service was prompt, courteous, efficient and delicious. I gave my compliments to the chef.

Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

Went in for Lunch while walking in the Cotswolds.

Starter : Atlantic octopus - overcooked and rubbery needs a bit more taste and seasoning

Pea soup : delicious nicely made and full of flavour

Mains :
Lemon sole made with butter . Nicely cooked delicious but needed a bit of some things with it to give crunch and salt again missing seasoning

Cannon of lamb : nicely cooked and delicious

Salmon: well done and delicious again a bit of seasoning missing

Good food in really delicious setting the chef needs to concentrate on his seasoning to get it spot on