All reviews wetherspoons hotel typical wetherspoons separate entrance busy pub market square iron and board recent refurb complimentary water happily stay again excellent value for money no lift flights of stairs beds were comfortable steak night fish and chips central location saturday night
Reviewed 1 March 2018

The rooms we had were nicely decorated and a good size however the 3rd night we couldn’t get any heating even though we had set the temperature at 27 degrees , downstairs to the pub and it is true you get what you pay for , on asking a staff member about condiments I was told there just on tables and help yourself , 1 male staff member just walked around the tables not clearing them his shirt was all hanging out at the front his trousers had a good rip down one side , his cuffs all open , very shabby ,there was no good customer service by the staff I spoke to or dealt with ,

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with JD Wetherspoon
Andy H, Manager at The Red Lion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2018

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that you had a problem with your heating we hope this wont stop you staying with us again. With regards to the floor staff we have spoke to them regarding there customer service and apologise for there manner.

Reviewed 10 February 2018

The staff were very friendly. The room and bathroom were laid out like any hotel room, even if it was above a pub. The location was central yet quiet. The bed was warm and the bathroom was quite large. The only issue I had was that the room was cold when I arrived and I couldn't find the heating control! Otherwise a very nice room and again very friendly staff.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with JD Wetherspoon
Andy H, Manager at The Red Lion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2018

Thank you for leaving your review. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 9 February 2018 via mobile

Called for Evening meal after attending a Quiz day
There were 4 of us together we had 2 x mixed grills fish and chips and a Beef pie which was served with chips or jacket i asked if i could have mash and it wasnt a problem at all.....good atmosphere freindly helpfull staff and good drinks all at reasonable prices.The mixed grills came with a free pint too
Highly recommended just been back with girls for lunch nice atmosphere great food well done Red lion

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review. When we get reviews like yours it means were doing thing right. We hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 6 February 2018

My first stay in a Wetherspoons hotel. As my local Wetherspoons is dreadful didn't have really high expectations but this hotel was better than I imagined.
The room was clean with nice large mugs for tea and coffee. The shower was rainfall type with an adjustable temperature. Great for me as I like really hot showers. Strangely however I need a cold room to sleep in and the air con worked well for me.
Bed was very comfortable . Heard a little outside noise but the pub aren't responsible for someone repeating the same expletive half a dozen times tines until it faded into the distance. Didn't wake me and if I hadn't been so warm and comfortable I would probably have got out of bed to see if I was missing something. Didn't disturb my travel companion and I expected noise because I was staying in a busy area on weekend nights.
Did notice slight smell in bathroom possibly drains not hotels fault and on one occasion the toilet flushed itself strange .
Staff friendly didn't eat in the pub but constantly seemed busy so must be good.

Recommend planning next stay.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends

Thank you for your review. We are pleased we exceeded your expectations and hope your next trip wont be too far away.

Reviewed 30 January 2018 via mobile

Beautiful old coaching house! Pictures represented local history of the Wesley family. Staff were warm and welcoming. Lunch was delicious, beautifully served with plenty of fresh vegetables.
Good choice of puddings.
We were not hurried, it was an enjoyable visit.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Andy H, General Manager at The Red Lion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2018

Thank you for your review. The Red Lion is steeped in history regarding Doncaster's racing scene, we're glad you enjoyed that aspect of our pub. It's lovely to know our staff gave you a warm welcome!