“Great Wedding Party Venue !”

Grand St Leger Hotel
Ranked #17 of 19 Hotels in Doncaster
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“Great Wedding Party Venue !”
Reviewed 5 February 2012

My new husband and I have just had our wedding party at the Grand St Leger on Sat 28th Jan 2012 and it was fantastic.

All of the staff were great, especially Paula who was a great help planning our wedding party and also helped us on the night, making sure we didn't have to worry about anything. Everything ran smoothly and we've had some excellent comments and feedback from our guests.

One of the best parts of having the party here was there was 3 rooms, one with the disco & a bar, one with the buffet and then another bar area. That meant there was plenty of room for everyone and some of the older relatives had a chance to be in a quieter room rather than just the room with the disco.

All in all a fab night, highly recommended hotel and wedding venue with great central location too!

Thanks to everyone (especially Paula) for making our wedding party a fantastic night.

Al & Mike

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank AlisonB65
mdl501, Manager at Grand St Leger Hotel, responded to this review, 25 April 2012
Dear Al & Mike,

May I take this opportunity to thank you for your comments and congraulate you again on behalf of us all at the Grand St Leger Hotel.

I am of course deilighted that you had such a fantastic time at the hotel and I have passed your comments on to all the staff involved on the day, including Paula who was particularly pleased to hear your comments.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel at some point in the futture.

Kind Regards

Mark Lawton
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 December 2011

Stayed for just one night in a Duluxe room. Bed to die for & all in all a very nice clean room with a 42" plasma, great bathroom but not quite worth £64.
Breakfast was good & all the staff were very pleaseant.
One bad point, the floor boards above our room was very noisey when people were walking around. The person above us was walking about at 05.30hrs so that woke us up, bad stain on one off the chairs which should of been cleaned but would stay there again

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 November 2011

We stayed at the Grand St Legder this weekend while visiting Doncaster races where our horse was running. What can I say the hotel was really really great. Just across the road from the racecourse. The rooms are nicely decorated and spotlessly clean not the biggest but it was only for sleeping in anyway.
We had a great evening meal and then as it was bonfire night the staff treated us to a firework display!! All of the staff were fantastic (special mention for Pete who was on the bar later on) we were looked after from the moment we arrived, treated as old friends rather than guests.
I would highly recommend this hotel, for location and the really great and friendly staff.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank Bonnyg1
mdl501, Manager at Grand St Leger Hotel, responded to this review, 11 November 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay with us. I was of course delighted to hear you had such a wonderful stay and enjoyed the firework display that we put on.

I have passed on your comments to Pete who served you behind the bar and to Lynn who invited you to watch the fireworks with us.

I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel at some point in future.
Ayrshire
Reviewed 18 October 2011

I stay here regular with my work and have found the place to be spot on for our needs. The twin rooms are small,compact and comfortable.Room's are spotless,bed's comfortable and staff very helpful.
If you are a light sleeper I would not recommend the rooms at the front as the Hotel is on a busy roundabout and traffic thunders round it all night and day.
The toilet's does not have any of the infamous 'mouldy shower sealant' people love to mention and are spotless as well.
Breakfast to me is good and for a total price of £50 is good value. If you want your food cooked a certain way tell them !!! Not write about it afterwards on this site cause it was not good enough for you.
Complaints ? Resteraunt to expensive went to a pub half mile along the road.
Will continue to return.

Room Tip: Light sleeper ? Ask for room at the back of Hotel.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write your recent review.

I am of course pleased that you have been happy with your stays at the Grand St Leger Hotel and have passed on your comments to the teams working in the kitchen and in housekeeping regarding breakfast and the cleanliness of the rooms.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 October 2011

Travelled to Doncaster with my elderly mother for a two night stay as we were attending a wedding. Horrified to find that we were roomed on the second floor and there was no lift. Mum struggled with the stairs but reception were unable to move us because of a party that night. The room itself (203) could only be described as 'scuzzy' and we were really disappointed. We went into town the following morning and- joyous news on our return- staff had moved us to the floor below. What a difference! Decor, cleanliness and furnishings were so much better. The second night was therefore a big improvement. Breakfast was poor though. Undercooked eggs, raw tomatoes and raw mushrooms in the mixed grill and insipid tea. The only good thing about our stay was Amanda, the lovely receptionist, who was so kind and helpful that I have to thank her and commend her to the management.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank mseducation
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Grand St. Leger,

I am very sorry that we failed to meet your expectations on this occasion and I can assure you that I take all of your points very seriously.

Unfortunately, as the hotel is a Grade II listed buiiding, we have been unable to install lifts in the hotel. I am sorry that we were unable to move you to a room on the first floor on your first night, but as you mention we were fully booked with a party and other residents had already checked into rooms on this floor.

In terms of your comments regarding room 203, I have taken on board your comments, however this room had already been included in the current phase of our refurbishment programme and is due for re-decoration and the damaged carpet you were unhappy with at the time of your stay is also due to be replaced.

I have discussed your comments regarding breakfast with our Head Chef and he has asked me to extend his sincere apologies.

Thank you for singling out Amanda for her excellent customer service, I will of course make sure she is aware of your comments.

If you would like to discuss the matter with me personally please do not hesitate to contact me directly via e-mail at mark@grandstleger.com