“Really great stay.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Doncaster
England
“Really great stay.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2012

I have stayed at the Holiday Inn Doncaster on a number of times. I stayed good friday 6th and saturday 7th April., to visit family. I had an executive room, the hotel had a great offer on 2 nights for the price of 1!
With regard to breakfast, you can get vouchers at the reception for breakfast at a cost of £15.00 for 2 persons = £7.50 per head. Breakfast is self service, offering great coffee's, tea's and hot chocolate, selection of juice. small selection of meats and cheese, toast brown & white, rolls, fruits, cereals, and then the cooked items, fried eggs, scrambled eggs, bacon, two types of sausages, black pudding, mushrooms, grilled tomatoes, hash browns, baked beans. You can have what you want, and as much as you want. My brother who was travelling with us, had 2 full breakfasts! but then he is 6ft 9", and can eat! * Just to say the eggs used in the fried eggs where lovely, as I only eat the yolk, I can appreciate a good egg when I get one. In fact Ihad two.
The staff - on reception are very helpful and always accomodating. The staff in the Bar and in the restaurant in the morning were friendly and helpful, I can't thank the staff enough for making my visit run smoothly and providing such great service.
My room was large, I know some of the older rooms downstairs are on the small side, but they do have everything you need. I have stopped in these rooms on a number of occasions, I do however prefer to pay extra for a larger room. My room was clean and the cleaning staff were also friendly and helpful. On Sunday morning I opened my door to find an Easter Egg, what a great surprise.
I always book my stay directly with the hotel as I have my favourite rooms, all the staff in the reservations department are extremely helpful. I have tried booking using the holiday inn site and actually ringing the reservation number, BUT the people on the phones don't know the layout of the hotel, and if you need to book a couple of rooms it's nice to know you'll be put together.
We went to the pool three times during our stay, always enjoy at trip to the pool, staff again friendly and helpful. What can I say a great place and a great stay. Do some of the rooms need updating, probably. are there little things that could do with touching up, yes. Are these things that spoil my trip, NO. There is always something that needs doing, can they improve on the staff that they have NO, they are all doing an excellent job and it is much appreciated.

Room Tip: Speak to the reservations staff, and tell them what kind of room you want, they will tell you the be...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank benstravels
HIDoncaster, General Manager at Holiday Inn Doncaster A1(M), Jct. 36, responded to this review, 17 April 2012
Dear Benstravels,

Thank you for taking time to post your feedback onto trip advisor, following your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Doncaster. I was as you can imagine delighted to read your kind comments made about the overall Food, Service and excellent facilities we have on offer at the hotel. I will make sure your feedback is shared with all of my team at the hotel.

We look forward to personally welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future

Nigel Dibb
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

The room sizes are obviously still not great, dont expect them to be extended but the service and food this time was much much better , no problems with the bathroom this time

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank jimbo367
Dear Jimbo367,

Thank you for taking time to post your feedback onto Trip Advisor, following your recent stay with us. I was delighted to read your comments made about the improvements we have made since your last stay at the hotel. I will make sure your feedback is shared with all of my team at the hotel.

I look forward to personally welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future

General Manger
Lancashire
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2012

From the outside it looks lovely. From the foyer nice. The bedroom YUK!

The reception staff were fine - professional & polite. The staff in the gym/pool area welcoming and the restaurant staff busy with a warm smile on their faces.

The breakfast is adequate but £13-95 is steep.

The room - YUK!
Dated furniture and poor decor put me off straight away. The TV was useless. The aluminium windows were rotting around the rubber beading. Holes in the net curtains.

Would I stay there again? No not even for a 1/3rd of the £99 price.

Some serious money needs to be spent to spruce up this hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank marko1878
HIDoncaster, General Manager at Holiday Inn Doncaster A1(M), Jct. 36, responded to this review, 2 April 2012
Dear Marko 1878,

Thank you for taking time to post your feedback onto trip advisor, following your recent stay with us. I was as you can imagine disappointed to read your comments made about the bedroom that you were allocated. We do as a hotel complete on going necessary upgrades & works to all of our bedrooms and will make sure that on your next stay you are allocated a different bedroom. May I personally thank you for your kind comments made about the Reception and Leisure Club team at the hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future

Ingleby Barwick
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

A decent value hotel for the money. Nice food and communal areas (restaurant, bar, pool, gym, reception etc). On the down side - TV in room was useless (probably from circa 1986) and carpet was dirty and stained (room 103) - should be cleaned or replaced, toilet handle also on its way out. Staff very nice, but nobody could hear the lady from the hotel who came onto our bus before we checked in! Still don't know what she was telling us... would stay again though!

Room Tip: One with a clean carpet / newer TV!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank SuperJo
HIDoncaster, General Manager at Holiday Inn Doncaster A1(M), Jct. 36, responded to this review, 28 March 2012
Dear Super Jo,

Thank you for taking time to post your feedback onto Trip Advisor , regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Doncaster. I was really pleased to hear that you had enjoyed your overall stay with us, I can confirm that your constructive comments made about Room 103 have been addressed. With regards to the TV in your room, we are currently as a company reviewing all of our TV's.

I look forward to personally welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

yorkshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2012

Having never stayed at this hotel chain before we were pleasantly surprised how well it was run, from checking in to the meal in the restaurant, the staff were first rate.Our room was nice and clean, the bed was very comfortable, a choice of soft or hard pillows were left for us - a nice touch.If we had to say one slight criticism it be at breakfast the queue at the toaster was too long- maybe a bigger one or provide two would work better.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the hall are quieter away from the road
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Yorkshire Ken,

Thank you ever so much for posting your feedback onto trip advisor, following your recent stay with us. I was as you can imagine delighted to read your kind comments made about the fantastic facilities we have on offer for our guests at the Holiday Inn Doncaster and also the excellent service provided by the staff. I have noted your comment made about breakfast and have instructed my Food and Drink Manager to purchase another toaster to assist with busy Breakfasts.

I look forward to personally welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future