All reviews art deco afternoon tea lovely hotel town centre walk in shower food was lovely car park bar restaurant race course steak reception staff full english from start to finish wedding party sunday lunch comfy bed executive room
Reviewed 4 April 2018

Excellent venue ,organisation could not find any fault would highly recommend the Earl of Doncaster.Everyone who attended our golden wedding had nothing but praise. Special praise to Rebecca who organised all our requests and to Sue the person who organised the evening also a mention to Zac and his music .A very big thank you to all

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Ricky H, General Manager at The Earl of Doncaster, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your review and Huge Congratulations on your Golden Wedding from all the team at the Earl! We hope to see you back again soon.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

Stayed here on Thursday as I was attending a wedding in Doncaster on Good Friday. They allowed me an early check in and also allowed a few friends to get ready with me in my room on the Friday morning with a late check out at no extra cost. I ordered room service on the Thursday evening and the food was lovely. Also had a breakfast in the concerto restaurant which was also good. The bed was comfy had an amazing sleep and the bath was amazing (I love my baths) I would recommend staying here to anyone. Beautiful hotel with amazing staff.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for writing such a wonderful review! We are so pleased you have had such a lovely stay and hope you throughly enjoyed the wedding!

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Absolutely shocked at this experience. Booked for 2 adults and 3 children, £10.95 per child and £15.95 per adult. Was sold on a Disney experience... which was actually a few apples in a bowl or gems with a picture of a Disney character. There was a film on in the background which you couldn’t see or hear and different Disney songs by the bar area. The sandwiches were stale I assume they had been sat for a long time in the kitchen. Biscuits and buns were poor standard. It must of cost around £5 overall to make. Really felt robbed. Below is a photo of what classes as a “Disney Experience”. The only positive was the staff were all great, the bar staff really tried with the kids. It was quite clear that they were embarrassed with what the hotel had sold as the experience. So I cannot fault any of the staff. This was the general opinion of everyone who attended while we were there. Really really furious with the cost and promises of this hotel.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank MsSophiaDixon
Ricky H, General Manager at The Earl of Doncaster, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your comments we are sorry to read this feedback. We are continuously aiming to improve our service at the Earl and would like to pass your feedback to our Management team, please email sales@theearl.co.uk with your booking details so we can investigate this further and please accept our apologies.

Sarah Lambert - Guest Relations

Reviewed 31 March 2018

I wasn't sure what to expect of this venue but I loved it. The Art Deco ballroom is a must-see if you stay here. The staff were very friendly and efficiient and the breakfast was good. I would have liked some healthy options on the bar menu - a salad or two for example.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your review. We are always looking to improve our service and your feedback about the menu is much appreciated and will be passed on to our Restaurant Manager and Head Chef for future consideration.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Beautiful Art Deco building, proper linen napkins, friendly helpful smiley staff. Proper tea. The best afternoon tea I’ve ever had ( I’ve eaten a fair few in my time ) not a stale sandwich, rock hard scone or dry cake to be seen. Lovely sandwich fillings, proper ham not packet stuff, the cakes were light & tasty, the choc brownie was full of choc pieces & the shortbread biscuits were light & crumbly. I’ve always been disappointed with the scones they’re usually dry but these were yummy! We had extra sandwiches & pots of tea ( excuse the first photo, it’s missing some sandwiches ) well worth the drive from Nottingham, will definitely visit again

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Beckstar-7

Good Afternoon,

Wow! what a wonderful review, thank you for taking the time to write this and we are so pleased you enjoyed your experience in the Cafe Bar Concerto. We hope you will join us again at another event soon.