“Never fails to be excellent”

Zammuto Steak & Grill house
Ranked #28 of 565 Restaurants in Doncaster
Price range: US$ 7 - US$ 26
Description: Family run business for over twenty years serving the best quality meals for the lowest prices guaranteed
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We have eaten here several times now, as a couple and with friends, everyone always enjoys their meals.

Reviewed 6 April 2018

Myself and my boyfriend visited here for dinner before a comedy show and had the steak meal deal with a bottle of wine. It was excellent. The food was delicious and staff were really friendly.

Reviewed 21 March 2018

we visited one wednesday in February.

My friend had Garlic Mushrooms to start and she said they were nice, I had bruchetta and I was a little disappointed as the bread was soggy and not quite what I expected. I dont think they toasted the bread which could have been the problem.

We all had filet steak for mains. Yes the steak is around £10 and seems good value - however the side dishes are all £3 and the sauce is the same same price. The steak comes with no garnish, no veg or anything. Just the steak so if you like chips and veg and a sauce its around £19 (or thereabouts). The main was cooked well but not worth the price in my opinion.

The menu was very limited hence why we all had steak on a random Wednesday gathering of friends.

There was an altercation in the restaurant between another diner and the owner when we attended and I was not very impressed with the way the owner handled the situation. I was not privy to the whole of the altercation but there was no apology to diners already in the restaurant who had experienced the fallout. A simple 'im sorry about that' would have sufficed. The owner must read this review and remember the night and I am sure he will respect the fact that I have not put on this review the full content of the altercation or the words that were exchanged with the diners in question.

Also no card machine. cash only so my friend had to pay for all 3 of us because we did not all bring cash.

I wouldnt visit again due to the above reason.

Giuseppe Z, Owner at Zammuto Steak & Grill house, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2018

Hi. Its sad to hear you wont be visiting us again. We would however like to clarify a few of your comments for our other customers . With regards to pricing you seem to have over estimated maybe its because it was a while since your visit. To clarify our prime fillets that you ordered are 9.95 and our side dishes and sauces are 1.95 . You ordered fillet steak with a sauce and side which comes to 13.85 and with 2 sides 15.80. Your bill came to less than twenty pounds each and you had wine and dessert too . Our prices can be viewed on our website if you would like to check . When we asked you about the food you informed us that everything was lovely and that you enjoyed the meal .
However if you can find the same quality of food for the same price anywhere else we will refund your meal.
With regards to the Cash only question we do inform customers quite clearly . The reason we are cash only is to alleviate unnecessary expenses and pass the savings on to the customer.
Finally the matter of the altercation I apologise if this upset you and I did also apologise on the night . The gentleman in question is a known troublemaker who somehow got in even though he is barred . He then refused to leave knowing full well I wouldn't cause a scene in the restaurant . The altercation happened outside when he finally left and i must admit emotions got the better of me and i probably confronted him louder than i should of I agree this was unprofessional but i never meant anyone in the restaurant to hear me. But the gentleman in question could drive the patience of a saint.
The most puzzling thing is I recall the evening well due to the altercation and you and your friends seem to enjoy the evening and you even left quite a large tip . We checked the CCTV afterwards to obtain a photo of the said gentleman and on no occasion did your table look perturbed and you were just carrying on with your normal conversation.

Reviewed 21 March 2018

Went to this place for the first time last night with a friend and was amazed at the quality of the food, the price and the service - all first rate. The 10oz fillet steak was one of the best I've had for years and for £10.95 it was amazing value. The whole meal was really good and the service was excellent and very friendly. I really couldn't fault this place at all and will definitely be back. We didn't have room for desert but if they are of a similar standard to the starters and mains, then I'm sure they will be good.

Reviewed 20 March 2018

Booked a table early this evening. Very polite and welcoming reception. The restaurant, whilst being quiet (Tuesday evening), was warm and had good background music.

My wife and I ordered lamb cutlets (as pink as the chef dares). Spot on and very, very good.

Main, I went for the special and my wife, the Sirloin. My special was in a great sauce and was pink in the middle (med/rare)...nice. My wife's was a little over done but very tasty. Think asking for no blood on the plate may have caused a little worry in the kitchen and that was the reason for the slight over done.

Very good food never the less.

Desert, was for me, a Tiramisu. It was great. Thick, creamy top and a sticky base. Nice job.

Christian, our server, was very friendly and great to talk with. He noted our comments regarding the slight over doing of the steak and offered, without any suggestion, that the cost of the desert would be removed from the bill.

We will be going back with the family as the pricing was good, the food excellent and the service what you should expect from a centre of town restaurant.

The bottle of red was also well priced and went down well.

Defo recommended!

1  Thank Nigel H

Thank you for your comment . Also Christian Said thanks for mentioning him and hopefully we,ll see you again soon