“A bit disappointing”

Healthworks Spa at Village Hotel Dudley
Ranked #1 of 3 Spas & Wellness in Dudley
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Booked this hotel for one night,but was a bit disappointed,looking at the website,I though it would have been a smallish type of hotel-but it is huge and a bit impersonal. We were welcomed at reception and told it was computerised book-in,done this and had to scan our own keycard,and the guy at reception went through a very well rehearsed run down of what the hotel had to offer ( almost robot style). Room was very dark but clean and tidy,ensuite was clean. Had a drink at the bar,not that comfortable as you are surrounded by large TVs, on full blast sky sports football( not a football lover so not impressed!!). Has a very expensive and average tasting meal in the restaurant
Needless to say, we will not be returning anytime soon-probably wouldn't recommend unless you are a sky sports lover or a fitness style person

All reviews
"jacuzzi"
in 4 reviews
"guard"

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights on a deal including an evening meal and breakfast included. We enjoyed our evening meal in the resteraunt and the breakfast was nice. We stayed in the upgraded room with bigger bed full sky package and luxury coffee machine. We never used the pool and gym but it looked very nice. Would recommend this deal on a Saturday night booked direct on the village website.

Reviewed 3 November 2017 via mobile

I was having a meal as part of work commitments. The staff are all very pleasant but the food and the drinks are way overpriced for what you get. The order came out wrong for the mains and the desserts. It wasn't an overly business night so it wasn't that it was all rushed.

I don't think this hotel has ever been brilliant and yet you pay for it!

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

The standard room was very clean and well maintained.
There was no air con which I found a major issue. (A small fan was in the room)
However the main problem is the smell of the corridor. It was a cross between damp and garbage. Literally made me retch.
The hotel are aware of this I'm sure as all of the windows were open.
As long as you have a strong stomach for dreadful smells you'll be fine.
It couldn't be smelt once in the room.