“We use this venue for our business meeting”

Hungry Horse Castle View
Ranked #4 of 16 Quick Bites in Dudley
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We have used this venue for since January 2018 every two weeks on a Friday for our Dudley BoB club meeting. We normally have between 20 and 30 attendees who all arrive at 7am and we finish at about 9:00am. Despite being outside the venue's normal opening hours Edel and her team get everything set up for our arrival and the breakfast they prepare for us all is excellent. Nothing seems to be too much trouble for for Edel or the staff. Loads of free parking too

Really welcoming venue and the food is very keenly priced. So if your in Dudley do give it a try for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Good range of draft and bottle beers. They also have a whole load of Tea and coffee options and are far cheaper and equally as good as Costa Coffee who are right next door

Date of visit: April 2018
Edel C, General Manager at Hungry Horse Castle View, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Awww thank you so much for this lovely review, it's a pleasure looking after you all every fortnight and we hope to do so for the future .

See you in a fortnight.

Edel x

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We called in for lunch around 1pm on Good Friday. 3 Adults and 3 children . The Restaurant was steady but not too busy. We waited an hour for food . I asked the Manager how long the food would be and she said she would check . She did mention there was a 45 minute wait. I explained that nobody had said anything about a long wait but said we had been waiting 70 minutes. She said it would be out shortly . When it did arrive, the children's dishes looked awful (chicken wraps) . There was no veg sticks just chicken strips , wraps , cheese and peas. I asked the waitress where the veg sticks were so she took the plates back and came back with the right meal. As a Catering Manager I certainly expect the customers to be told how long the wait is for food . Also I was also under the impression that "Branded Name Pubs" are supposed to send out the food that is on the menu. Not in this case. I'm afraid I will not be visiting this chain again . The toilets were filthy. Admittingly it was Good Friday so it perhaps had been busy but this is a fairly new pub and as it serves food the toilets should be spotless .

Date of visit: March 2018

I am sorry that you felt the need to put this on trip advisor , I am quite disheartened by this as I would have been happy to discuss this with you on the day. I worked on good Friday and by 1pm the pub was getting extremely busy , I am sorry there was a delay on food and you were not told this. I remember you coming in and asking about your children's meals I apologised and bought you the correct ones out I even came over and check backed you and you did not mention your concerns to me???

I don't understand why you have called the toilets filthy as we had only been open for two hours on this day and I can promise you my cleaners are excellent.

I wish you all the best

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I visit this pub every couple of weeks for a networking event and the staff couldn’t be more friendly. On top of that the breakfasts are fabulous Was particularly chuffed to find an electric charging point for my car on the car park so will make a point of grabbing a coffee as a pit stop!

Date of visit: March 2018

Thank you so much for your review this means a lot to me and my team and we hope that you continue to please lovely guests like you.

See you soon

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Chicken tikka masala was vile, rice had hard lumps in it and the poppadom was soft. There was no mango chutney. Served luke warm. My meal was served and my friends were left waiting for theirs even though we ordered at the same time. After about 10 minutes a lovely member of staff (man in black shirt) came over to us. I hadn't really eaten my meal, only the chicken pieces. Asked where other meals were? The meals were chased up and I was offered an alternative. Had a drink and dessert.

Date of visit: March 2018

Very disappointed to see this review, I will feed back your comments regarding the curry.

I am glad a member of staff rectified your meal and looked after you.

Regards

Reviewed 5 April 2018

My two daughters and I went for lunch yesterday after 10 pin bowling. The place was very busy - only two tables available. We were told that there would be a wait of approx. half hour for food which was fine - and they were spot on with their timing. Food was brilliant. Both my girls had the New Yorker and I had veggie fish and chips. Very tasty. The lady that served us was very attentive and pleasant. Will definitely return.

Date of visit: April 2018

Thank you so much for your lovely review, I am delighted you had a great visit and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Love Edel x