“Late Lunch on a Day Trip ”
Review of The Study Room

The Study Room
Ranked #34 of 199 Restaurants in Lancaster
Price range: US$ 7 - US$ 20
Cuisines: American, Pub
Reviewed 10 April 2016 via mobile

My partner and I decided to head to Lancaster for the day to participate in some of the city's tourist attractions.

About 2.30pm we were looking for some lunch and decided to visit The Study Room. It was very quiet and I was worried that they'd stopped serving food. A very friendly member of staff made us welcome and we sat down.

I was really impressed with the design and cleanliness of the place.

The food was great and service was top notch. Very impressed and I'd definitely recommend this for food.

David B, Manager at The Study Room, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2016

Hi there,
Thanks for taking the time to write a review.
It's great to hear that you had such a good experience with us. I will pass on your kind comments to the team.
I look forward to seeing you again soon at The Study Room.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 28 March 2016

Poped in on grey rainy Sunday afternoon for lunch and descovered the most amazing hom made nachoes that made my day in Lancaster !
Friendly and smily staff is a big bonus :)

David B, Manager at The Study Room, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2016

Hi,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.
It's great to hear when someone has had such a good experience.
Our Nachos have proved to be very popular and we hope you'll be visiting us again soon to sample some of the other great dishes that we serve.

Reviewed 26 March 2016 via mobile

We called in good Friday afternoon for a drink.
There was a long wait at the bar.
Only two staff serving and when making cocktails made the wait even longer.
The wine selection was a real disappointment.
I opted for a large French saugvignon which would have been good for washing your feet in.
The wine glass was wrong. It was nearly filled to the top. Wine shouldn't be served like that .
It was busy but not much atmosphere.
Looked great but no substance .

Hi,
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review.
We're very sorry you had to wait at the bar, but as you know, Good Friday was very busy at The Study Room.
We pride ourselves on our wine selection, so I'm very disappointed to hear that you didn't like the Sauvignon. Our staff would have happily swapped it for something different.
With regards to the size of our wine glasses, I completely agree with you. I am pleased to announce, we now have larger wine glasses, so please give us another go soon.

Reviewed 18 March 2016

Mixed feelings, service wasnt great with the staff unatentive and more interested in gossipping amongst themselves. Food was average but chips served in chipped metal cups isnt great

1  Thank Jenny C

Hi Jenny,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate your opinion & have subsequently decided to stop using the metal cups.
We have also discussed with the staff, the importance of keeping personal conversations to a minimum & being more attentive to customers
I do hope that you'll give us another try soon.

Reviewed 15 March 2016

I cannot fault the service the staff [Young Lady with child ]. From the minute we walked in the service was attentive and professional ... We were also advised about a wait for food which wasn't a problem simply because they told us .. My wife was more than happy to wait the deco and the establishment are a credit to its owners , the staff also..

David B, Manager at The Study Room, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2016

Hi,
Thank you for your kind comments. It's always great to hear from happy customers. I will pass on your compliments to the staff member you have mentioned.
I hope to see you again at The Study Room very soon.
Thanks