“Awesome”

Ranked #28 of 199 Restaurants in Lancaster
Price range: US$ 4 - US$ 8
Cuisines: International
Reviewed 21 July 2017

I love this place, the owner is so friendly and every sandwich I have had is so tasty!!! It's clean and tidy, reasonably priced with lots to choose from.

1  Thank Steven C
calvin m, Owner at Moorish, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2017

Hi Steven,

Thank you for your kind review! its appreciated.

Hope to see you again.

Calvin

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 10 June 2017

A really interesting range of sandwich fillings, fresh natural ingredients, my favourite sandwiches​.

3  Thank C S
calvin m, Owner at Moorish, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2017

Thank you for your review. Hope to see you again.
Moorish

Reviewed 14 March 2017

Moorish is my favourite take-away lunch option in Lancaster as it offers tasty ,fresh and original options that I can't get elsewhere. Prices might seem slightly higher than some other local places but the generosity of the portion sizes makes it comparable and the quality of the ingredients here makes it consistently the best place to get a sandwich in Lancaster.

3  Thank lofi-Nigel
Reviewed 3 March 2017

My boyfriend started working in and around Lancaster back in August time and has since then been raving about a sandwich shop near his offices called Moorish. He works in Lancaster Centre once a week and without fail I would get a call with a full report of just how “bangin’” his latest sub sandwich was. Nothing rivals it in his opinion – and this coming from a London boy…
Knowing Cian well I was inclined to believe him but most weren’t. How could this tiny independent shop make a better sandwich than the culinary metropolises of London and Manchester? I was more than willing to find out.
After a night of birthday fun and frolicking we woke to our Moorish alarms – set for 2pm so as not to miss out. I hadn’t realised that Lancaster was basically a glorified village so after a short and pleasant walk in the early spring sun we arrived outside the tiny, narrow building that hosted these highly renowned creative treats.
Inside was clean and simply decorated with a mix of cultural artefacts linked with the unusual but enjoyable list of sandwich names.
I went for a foot long Joey Tribiani – meatballs, mozzarella, mushrooms and salami. Cian went for the Tony Soprano vs El Cid: Salami, Pepperoni, Ham, Mozzarella, Chicken and Chorizo.
Also on the menu was The Kitchen Sink: Beef, Chicken, Ham and Pepperoni – Dean Moriarty: Halloumi, Mushrooms and Mozzarella – Jimmy Olsen: BBQ pulled pork with roasted red onions… just to name a few.
All can be had as a wrap, a salad box, or on a baked potato.
As well as these wonderful toppings you have a choice of fresh salad: jalapenos, lettuce, tomato, pepper (cooked or raw), onion, olives, gherkins etc.
Toasted, wrapped and paid for – not the cheapest but by no means extortionate for such fresh ingredients so lovingly put together (£7.90 approx. for foot long) – we cradled our baby subs out in to the square where we obligingly devoured them in a state of heavenly bliss.
Cian was not wrong. I have never had a better sandwich and I can’t imagine wanting one from anywhere else in the near future. I was saddened that my stomach couldn’t finish it although Cian didn’t mind helping me out.
If you’re ever in Lancaster and hungry – Moorish is the place to go!

4  Thank Corkadillo
Reviewed 26 January 2017

Nearly always treat myself to a Moorish on a Monday, every time it has been fantastic! I've tried loads of options of the menu, and I'm never disappointed!

2  Thank Georgi D
calvin m, Owner at Moorish, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2017

Thank you for your kind review! Hope to see on another Monday.

Regards,