Open today: 9:00 AM - 9:40 PM
Review Highlights
Nice walk around the golf course

There needs to be a divider here for reviews about the pool, golf course and the park in general... read more

Reviewed 17 December 2017
David H
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
via mobile
A generous and well managed open space and nature reserve

Newbold Comyn is a large open are situated on the eastern fringe of central Leamington. There are... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Tim P
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom

All reviews golf course fresh air on bank holiday monday children's play areas the river nice walk football dog pub birds grandchildren leam fab menu
Reviewed 4 March 2018

Swimming at Newbold has never been a pleasant experience and sadly this continues to be the case. The vast money spent on refurbishment has delivered inadequate, dirty, cramped changing rooms and no change whatever to the pool. Parking is completely inadequate, staff unable to cope, and too crowded to permit swimming in the leisure pool. I am struggling to express quite how lacklustre the whole thing is. The new sport shall looks a very long way from completion and will inevitably be late as was the first phase. Just awful. I would recommend selling a kidney so you can afford the posh private clubs. Having said this, the kids don't seem to mind. But I .... well I think I have made my point

6  Thank PatrickT1655
Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

.......to make it worth another visit. Lack of car parking spaces. Temporary entrance disfunctional. Signage not clear to direct you to changing rooms. No cubicles in changing rooms for privacy. No family changing area. Showers have improved and are more powerful. Men's changing is smaller than previously before refurbishment. Nothing to prevent outdoor shoes entering the changing area thus dirty floors. Lockers are £1 refundable. Pools not changed and flume remains too slow. Flume only operates at specific times so read info in reception. The refurbishment has made the venue less attractive for families.

1  Thank Yorkie-Biscuit
Reviewed 20 February 2018 via mobile

This was our first trip since the re opening of the swimming pool. The pool remains unchanged, (still lovely and warm) reception area has a very unfinished feel to it (perhaps it is unfinished?) but my main gripe is the fact that there are no changing cubicles. Call me old fashioned but I do like a bit of privacy when getting dressed. The oldest of my two boys felt he should get changed in the male changing area, which I understand, which also has no cubicles. He wasn’t happy changing in main room so said he used a shower cubicle (having to put his things on the wet floor and getting them soaked) would love to come back as it’s a nice pool and boys enjoyed the swim, but won’t be returning unless there are changing cubicles. To add to it, we did an evening swim and it was dark when we came out. Walking along the pavement and crossing road to the car park my youngest managed to traipse through some muddy clay like substance (presumably as they are still building there) and it was not noticed until we got home. Hence my car and the communal carpeted hallway where we live is currently covered in this stuff. Will keep an eye on reviews to see if there are improvements in future. Staff all friendly though.

4  Thank BluebellsandTea
Reviewed 8 January 2018 via mobile

So like the place was absolutely freezing the entire time and I mean sub zero, had to have a 3 way spoon to survive the night and even that was cruelly taken away from me, not enough bedding for our needs either to be honest. Also the nearby swimming area was a bit nippy for my liking! Next time we'll look elsewhere to host our session, bitterly disappointed.

2  Thank TrailBlazer748227
Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

Reception area is ramshackle (looks like a 'temporary' space but after several months looks like it could be a permanent fixture?) far too overcrowded, filthy changing area, confusing signage, no more family changing cubicles. "new" open changing areas were cold and dirty with no privacy.

Pool was full of complaining parents unhappy that no inflatables had been provided despite paying for them within the admission price.

One particular parent was demanding that the slope towards the pool be cleaned as it was "covered in pubes and grease" and now that a private company had taken over the centre, this was no longer acceptable. She then said she and her family would be better off "braving a trip to Lazytown" which is what Conservative Leamington residents like to call Coventry. How nice!

So along with the miserable looking lifeguards on duty and snooty pretentious clientele, comparing nearby cities to the third world, we had a pretty depressing experience.

Get your act together.