Review Highlights
Great addition to the Park

Onelifetolive42
Southport
Lovely park. Great food in cafe

SL217
Preston, United Kingdom
via mobile

All reviews farmers market dog walkers walled garden whittle le woods charity shop worth stopping here beautiful place to walk view cafe great dog dogs love several events great walk beer festival housing estate large lake stepping stones open fields
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I have been a number of times and the last was today. Food good and staff good as well. Just what the Park needed.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I have lived in the area 25+ years and have been privileged enough to have such a beautiful park on my doorstep to walk with family, friends and dogs. They have a lovely little cafe offering a tasty selection of cakes and savoury options. There is a menu which looks very good, unfortunately I wasn’t fortunate enough to try the breakfast or lunch menu.
A chap on the serving counter, looking rather flustered, said he had to stop serving any hot food (this was at 11:40) as they needed to change over for lunch. We were a little taken back considering me and my mother had been queuing for at least 10/15 mins seeing other people ordering breakfast ect. There was nothing on the menu to state there needed to be a turnover period from breakfast to lunch. I understand they were busy but the chap was a little abrupt and didn’t even offer another food options like the selection of sausage rolls and pasty’s available in the counter. We had to ask if it was ok to have them instead of a breakfast barm..
This is my second visit to the cafe and although my visit yesterday was a little disappointing it won’t be my last as the valley is beautiful to walk through and this cafe has amazing views. The coffee, sausage roll and salted caramel brownie I had instead was very nice

1  Thank kelbyj2016
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Visited the cafe for the first time. It was very busy and the staff coped extremely well with not much wait once the order was taken. The food was delish. The staff cheerful and helpful. Will definitely call in the cafe again. Enjoyed a lovely autumnal walk round the park including a quick look round the farmers market.

Reviewed 10 October 2018

8 of us enjoyed a lovely afternoon tea today, Staff very helpful and efficient.Food was excellent and a good variety. Would highly recommend.

Reviewed 23 September 2018

This park has been kept natural and wild. Really love the various paths you can take which take you around in different directions. It has a lovely place where you can buy lunch and drinks etc. Worth seeing.

1  Thank jbmcv1
John P, Front Office Manager at Cuerden Valley Park, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2018

Really pleased that you enjoyed your trip to the Park. We have new information leaflets available from the Visitor Centre which include a map of the Park showing all the paths so that you can plan your walk if you wish, be it long or short.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts

Reviewed 22 September 2018

First visit to the cafe and was looking forward to taking our granddaughter for lunch. It was dreadful. Didn't,t fancy much from the overpriced menu and decided to have sausage rolls and a pie. I was asked if we wanted these warm??? I said yes and when they came they were lukewarm at best verging on cold. Out of desperation we ate them but I have felt sick ever since! There's £20.00 I won't get back!

1  Thank steve c
John P, Front Office Manager at Cuerden Valley Park, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2018

Thanks for taking the time to let us have your feedback.

I would obviously like everybody who visits the Park and Cafe to have a fantastic experience, so I am sorry that you did not enjoy your visit and wish that you had let the staff know at the time that your food was not warm enough – they would certainly have heated it more for you. The menu is constantly changing and all the produce is sourced locally and selected for its quality. Given this, we do not believe that the Café is overpriced, particularly when compared with similar local establishments. However, we will bear in mind your feedback for the future.

Reviewed 21 September 2018 via mobile

We decided to walk our dogs around the beautiful park and stop off for lunch afterwards. We both had the hot beef sandwich and declared it the best hot beef sandwich we have ever had. Everything was beautifully presented and the service was excellent. We will certainly visit again.

I am glad to hear that you will be back. I will let the Café staff know your feedback about the beef sandwich – I have not tried one myself yet so will have to do so at the next opportunity!

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to let us know your opinions.

Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

Having recently acquired a four legged friend tried here one afternoon recently. We were all made to feel extremely welcome (including the dog) in the cafe which made a welcome change. Nice range of cakes and they even brought Lilly a bowl of water as it was a hot day. Made a nice change for the dog to be made feel as welcome as humans and her inclusion in our afternoon tea just made the trip worth it. Some lovely walks after rounded off a lovely afternoon. We will be returning.

I am glad that you and Lilly have discovered the Park, enjoying both the walk and the Café. I am not sure if you noticed, but the Café also sells dog treats so Lilly can dine with you next time!

I appreciate and thank you for the time you have taken to post your review

Reviewed 31 August 2018

Great walk for dogs,also a pretty good cafe for tea,coffee and snacks.A lot of families with children enjoying the good weather

John P, Front Office Manager at Cuerden Valley Park, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2018

Thanks for the feedback, I hope you continue to enjoy the Park in the future.

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

Fabulous visit, Park is great lots of good paths, Bit of everything picnic area, flat open land and woodland walks. Now the icing on the cake REALLY lovely cafe, not huge but food excellent good quality, good portions and good value for money. Big plus dog friendly. Thank you.

1  Thank Sheridan-Chetwin
John P, Front Office Manager at Cuerden Valley Park, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2018

I am so pleased that you and your four legged friend enjoyed your visit and we hope to see you
back again soon!

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.