Lowest prices for your stay
$45
View deal
eDreams
Priceline$45
Destinia.com
Agoda.com$46
All reviews pub next door phantom winger hungry horse plenty of parking easy access the ground floor car park tea coffee bed was comfortable beans stayed here for one night motorway dee blackpool journey
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 August 2022

I've stayed here many times and have always been impressed by the willingness of the staff to go the extra mile. However, there is a down side: as I said two years ago the carpets in the bedrooms need at least a deep clean but should probably be replaced. The breakfast is impressive in its variety for a budget hotel, but the daytime menu is now very disappointing: mainly freeze and microwave, with cheese nearly everywhere (not good if you have an allergy) - not even a sandwich on the menu now. I understand the hotel is under new management - they hav e not improved the place! Nearly forgot the all-pervasive smell of drains in the bathrooms - not nice!

Date of stay: August 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Sam A, Other at Ibis Preston North, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Peter D,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Ibis Preston North. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. I am very grateful to hear your comments with regards to the team here at Ibis Preston. I am also happy to hear your comments with regards to our breakfast options. I am very sorry to hear about the issues with the carpet in the room these do get deep cleaned on a monthly basis but I will be sure to pass your comments over to the relevant department to be used as improvement to our service. The menu is currently in the process of being reviewed and I will be taking your comments on board also if you fancy something that is not on the menu it may also be worth mentioning to the team as we may be able to offer a sandwich for example if that is what you are looking for. I understand your comments completely and rest assured these will be used for improvement for the future.

Samuel Armstrong
Hotel Team Leader

Reviewed 11 August 2022 via mobile

Staff excellent and friendly.
Breakfast great variety.
Room clean with plenty of tea and coffee making items, bed comfortable, shower good with shower gel and shampoo, only downside carpet was worn and tired looking but with the amount of people using this hotel as a stop over by the M6, not surprising, but not a problem.
Dog friendly which was a bonus to us.

Room tip: Must put car reg into system on reception desk otherwise you get fined Plenty of parking, pub next door if you want to eat elsewhere.
Date of stay: August 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Storyteller542524

Dear Storyteller542524,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Ibis Preston North.

Samuel Armstrong
Hotel Team Leader

Reviewed 27 July 2022

We were going to a family party and needed a nearby hotel. The Ibis fitted the bill. Very reasonable price , bedroom clean and tidy if a little frayed round the edges . Staff very friendly . Don’t forget to register your car number plate at reception otherwise you get a ticket .

Room tip: Room at rear will be quieter
Reviewed 22 July 2022 via mobile

I stayed here for one night. It was easy to get here on the bus from Preston bus station and then a short walk from the bus stop.

Check in was quick and friendly and I was in my room in no time. The room was large for an Ibis but was a bit dated. However, it was clean and everything worked. The bathroom was different to a normal Ibis and had a large walk in shower. It had no curtain as others have said but water didn’t end up on the floor since the shower is so big. Not sure what others are complaining about.

The hotel has a bar that also does food but I chose to eat at the pub (Phantom Winger) next door.

Overall, I liked this hotel and would both stay here again and recommend.

Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank HullPhil
Reviewed 17 July 2022 via mobile

This hotel is simply not worth the land its on nor is it worth wasting your money on.
7 plug points in the room 0 are anywhere near the bed unless you have a 1 metre long cable, bathroom doors don't shut on the latch unless you lock them, no shower curtain or door so bathroom floor becomes a trip hazard, road noise from the m55/m6/a6, pillows are the worst I've ever had, put your head on them and you just sink straight through them so head is pretty much touching the mattress. To top it off they even have to have a security guard on duty as well as a member of staff that in it self doesn't offer much reassurance about the hotel. Honestly biggest waste of time and money staying here don't entertain it.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple