“Awful”
Review of Giddy Kids

Giddy Kids
Ranked #41 of 43 things to do in Preston
Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

Visited this play center a few times as it’s close but won’t do again it’s disgusting , very dirty , rude staff that either over charge or undercharge you. And no care for the baby area as big kids are constantly running and playing in it so not very safe for a young baby . Badly run , unclean and food undercooked ! Should be shut down

Date of experience: November 2017
in 3 reviews
"niece"
in 2 reviews

Reviewed 1 December 2017 via mobile

I came here today with my daughters who are 2years old and 7months old. I brought my eldest to take part in the Art class that is advertised on the website but it wasn't on. The staff didn't know anything about it but later spoke to some childminders who said the new management refused to pay for it. I hadn't realised there was a meal deal offer which included entrance so asked if I could pay the top up to which I was told no baring in mind there was literally me and 1 other parent in the whole place! Also it was absolutely freezing! There weren't many people in but at the busiest time all adults were sat with coats on and even the children were running around in big winter coats and jumpers. The heating came on for about 20mins which heated up the big play area and it was soon turned off again but they didn't turn the heater on for the baby + toddler play area. Really disappointed I didn't just go to Monkey Magic in Bamber Bridge like usual because I know we'd have been warm and looked after.

Date of experience: December 2017
Reviewed 24 November 2017 via mobile

Have been attending giddy for a number of seasons now with my two young children aged 3 and 4.

Returned to the arena this evening with their cousin for after school play.

The place has recently been taken over by new Management, and utter disgrace is the only realistic description I can summon of the place.

A drive on savings is clear, place was Baltic -10 and the kids were freezing. Minimal lighting again to save on costs, and staff that don’t even want to be there. The place used to be bouncing on school nights, was a sorry scene to see 4 kids in the whole place running round in the cold & dark.

The place needs shutting down immediately, many better place centres for kids now operating in the town & these amateurs will not be around for much longer. DO NOT waste £4.50 per child for access to a cold industrial unit with dim lighting and lack of atmosphere.

Cup of tea was fine.

We move on.

Date of experience: November 2017
Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

Took my 4 year old niece and my twin boys. First of all they charged me twice for Twins ( the website clearly states one twin free). When questioned the attendant advised that all offers are void during school holidays. I explained that there was nothing on the website or on the premises stating this. Got inside and the place was dirty and had very little lighting. Above the football area there was no light. The staff also began vacuuming around the children from 5pm.
My twins have been to Giddy kids for the past six years, and never paid for two children!

Date of experience: October 2017