“Good play area”
Review of Giddy Kids

Giddy Kids
Ranked #57 of 70 things to do in Preston
Reviewed 8 August 2017

My grandchildren love it - but my previous concerns over staffing levels and supervision are still to the forefront of this review. Boisterous kids who play in areas not designated for them, plus slowness in clearing tables, unfortunately does the place no favours. Lack of control inevitably means no control, which concerns me.

All reviews
"school holidays"
"couple of hours"
"niece"

Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

When we arrived there was no one at the desk to sign us in. The staff were to busy standing around on their phones.
When we got in we found a table and went to order some food. £20 for 3 meals which was all cheap nasty stuff. Staff didnt know how to make certain coffees. We let the children play for abit then 5 minutes later the food arrived. We went to get 2 highchairs for our children. Out of around 8 highchairs not one was clean. Absolutly disgusting. We finished our coffees and left. The staff dont care , they are very rude and too busy chatting to each other or on the phone. Do not go there!!

Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

I rated this a one and that's being generous ! This place is disgusting ! Filthy everywhere . The food left us all feeling very ill . The staff are all clearly not trained as the few times I have been I have either been under charged or over charged . The baby area is always full of bigger kids but the staff don't say anything . I have had incidents were kids have hit my children including my then 12 month old son and the staff did nothing . Theres no cleanliness , care or safety in this place and it should be closed down !! Avoid at all costs lots of nicer play areas for kids in Preston .

2  Thank gemz-sand
Reviewed 2 March 2017 via mobile

I have previously attended giddy Kids for a bit of an afternoon play.
When I arrived , the staff was rushed off their feet and it was dirty. Whilst my children were off playing I went to order some food and drinks for us. After paying quite a bit of money just for 3 meals, the food was luke warm and didnt look nice to eat at all. I went back to get my son a drink and what I heard was appalling! One of the staff shouting at one of the younger ones and rolling her eyes. Now I believe that our one should be treated like that. When it died down there was still quite a bit of food / rubbish everywhere. There was 3 members of staff in the kitchen. One was her phone and talking to another member of staff. And the other was on the till. It seemed as they just didn't care about what they were doing. I will not be going back.

2  Thank SkyDragonRain
See more reviews
Reviewed 26 February 2017 via mobile

As you may have already read on previous reviews this place has gone MORE than downhill it is disgusting and disgraceful. The place is utterly filthy and unhygienic. The management treat staff like dirt and I witnessed 2 young girls who worked there getting verbally attacked by another member of staff in the car park outside. The things she called them were disgraceful and myself and my children witnessed this which was not acceptable. We haven't been to giddy kids for 9 months and I can quite definitely say we will never be going again. I work with children and expect to take my own and other people's children to somewhere safe and in a positive atmosphere. This place has non of those things. Do yourself a favour and please avoid this hole. There are much better play places in Preston where you and your children will have a happy fun time not made to feel uncomfortable, ripped off or feel threatened. Those poor girls who got a verbal lashing were heartbroken and no one should treat staff like that! The manager is very rude and as I've read from other reviews this was not a 1 off occasion. THIS PLACE NEEDS INVESTIGATING AND CLOSING DOWN! shame on you whoever you are that runs this so called children's play centre! I just wish I had read the reviews before I went.

3  Thank natsnorthwest