All reviews walled garden pool and sauna friday fizz nespresso machine wine and dine leisure facilities the main hotel fresh milk sky tv christmas party lovely hotel wedding reception evening meal afternoon tea cooked to perfection a lovely stay staff were lovely
Reviewed 5 March 2016

Last time I stayed there was a problem with breakfast and I was promised on my next visit they would do something to reflect this - as a result when I arrived this time I was upgraded to an executive room, which was well appointed and spacious - including Sky TV and a coffee machine.

Ate in the hotel restaurant which was OK but nothing special (see separate review of the Walled Garden) but there are two good bars and the staff are fiendly and helpful and the service is good.

Generally this place is good value, well located and staff/service are good

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
Geraldine J, Manager at Barton Grange Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2016

Thank you so much for taking the time to review Barton Grange Hotel and The Walled Garden Bistro following your stay with us.

I am so pleased you were happy with your upgraded executive room, and you found our staff to be friendly and helpful.

I appreciate your comments on the Walled Garden Bistro and will certainly be investigating this with our Kitchen team.

Many thanks again and best wishes

Reviewed 29 February 2016

We stayed here in February for one night and attended a function held here.

Between us we had 3 rooms booked, one of us got one of the newly refurbished rooms. It's amazing. Very modern, airy, bright and comfortable. I've stayed in 5 star hotels and the rooms were not as nice. Well done Barton Grange.

The rooms awaiting refurb, well, yes, they are awaiting to be refurbished. (possibly waited a bit too long). They were clean, the beds good, comfy and warm, cannot complain but after seeing the quality of our friends refurbished room, it did highlight the problems in the other rooms. But, they will get to them soon so no problem.

The staff at the bar and at the function were excellent and very professional and friendly. The hotel communal areas are very comfy, clean and welcoming.

The breakfast is excellent too, they were a bit over whelmed as it was massively busy and a few staff had called in sick, but they coped fine. We didn't really have to wait for anything.

All in all, very very pleased

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends

Thank you so much for taking the time to review Barton Grange Hotel.

I am so pleased you liked our refurbished bedrooms, as you mentioned in your review the Hotel is currently going through a bedroom refurbishment programme.

It was great to read you found our staff to be very professional and friendly.

I hope to welcome you back to Barton Grange Hotel again very soon.

Reviewed 22 February 2016

It has been some time since I was at Barton Grange but stopped off on the road home from Sussex. It has remained a good hotel over the years I have been visiting Preston and this visit was no exception. They are updating some of the bedrooms and I was given what was termed a "snug double" on the second floor. This was great. I had dinner, which I enjoyed, but the highlight of the visit is always the breakfast which is outstanding. They have retained exceptionally good staff in this area over the years. Good value for money overall.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled solo
Geraldine J, Manager at Barton Grange Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2016

Thank you so much for your fantastic 5 star review.

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, I have shared your review with the team and they are thrilled.

I do hope to see you back at Barton Grange Hotel again when you are next in the area.

Reviewed 18 February 2016

As a regular visitor I can say that the standard of service is always very good. The food delicious and the staff always friendly and helpful. I have found the rooms very good and not quite sure why they would need a facelift.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends

Thank you so much for taking the time to review Barton Grange Hotel.

Your five star review was a pleasure to read and share with the team.

Many thanks and best wishes

Reviewed 17 February 2016 via mobile

Passed the hotel en-route to the garden centre a number of times and it always looked impressive so decided to try it as part of a Valentine's package.
This included a set meal at the night, stay, breakfast and use of the leisure facilities. It also included a bottle of Prosecco and chocolates in the room. We did pay an extra £10 for a slightly better room.
Arrived just after check in time of 2pm, which had given us a couple of hours in the morning to have a look around Preston which is only about 20 minutes away.
Plenty of parking available at the hotel which is always a good start and check in was quick and efficient. Our room (105) overlooked the walled garden. Our room was ok in size and was spotlessly clean which was the same for the bathroom.
There is a renovation programme going on in the hotel so some corridors and common areas were undergoing some work but nothing to spoil your stay.
We tried the pool which whilst on the small size did allow us to do a few lengths to justify the drinks we had in the bar afterwards. The bar areas are really homely and the bar staff (Gary) really friendly.
Our meal in the walled garden restaurant was also excellent. All the courses we had were really well prepared and tasted superb. Head waiter David did a great job of ensuring that we were really well looked after as well.
Breakfast in the morning was just as good and the staff were again so friendly and nothing was too much trouble.
After check-out we headed off for a wander around the garden centre which is just a couple of miles up the road and well worth a visit too.
Overall, lovely hotel with excellent staff.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
Geraldine J, Manager at Barton Grange Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2016

Wow what a fantastic 5 star review.

I am so pleased you enjoyed your Valentines break with us, I have shared your review with Gary, David and the team and they are thrilled.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Barton Grange Hotel again very soon.