Lowest prices for your stay
Marriott Hotels
$123
$122
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
$121
Orbitz.com
Travelocity
Expedia.com$121
1,372 results
All reviews leisure centre lovely grounds bar area evening meal reception staff breakfast was excellent lake district public areas buffet style stayed one night plenty of parking gym jacuzzi wedding motorway blackpool scotland
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 August 2022

We stopped over on our way up to Scotland and glad we chose this hotel. The grounds were kept to a good standard as well as a good level of cleanliness in the room and other areas. No complaints with the food served at the bar as well as breakfast which was of a good quality. Service was attentive in the bar and only point was at breakfast we were shown to our table but no explanation as to how breakfast worked, a small point as it was easy enough to fathom out but being it was our first stay would have been helpful to have been told. It was great to see that Marriott still had hand sanitisers in place throughout the hotel which for me still demonstrated that whilst we now live with Covid that it still cares for its Customers. We will be definitely looking to stay at another Marriott on our way back down from Scotland

1  Thank darrenhT2774ET
Reviewed 2 August 2022

Excellent stay ,from reception staff ( Josephine) who was very helpful to size cleanliness of room, a most comfortable bed with Egyptian cotton bedding. The buffet breakfast was excellent everything you could wish for.

Room tip: First floor at the back very quiet.
Date of stay: August 2022
Reviewed 2 August 2022

This hotel has let me down repeatedly but I’m forced to stay here because of the poor options in the area and need to be here for work. The rooms are dated, run down and the sound proofing is terrible. The staff used to be really nice but there seems to have been a change and now they’re not really interested.
Shocked Marriott let it stay in this state and don’t do anything to update it or make it remotely comfortable.
Absolutely awful, would not recommend

Trip type: Travelled on business
Preston Marriott Guest Relations, Other at Preston Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2022

Dear Cfvarley,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback in regards to your recent stay at the Preston Marriott Hotel. As part of Marriott International with over 30 different brands, in 130 countries and 7,000 properties worldwide, We truly value your feedback.

I am disappointed to hear that we did not fully manage to exceed your expectation during your visit. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused and the issues experienced. Your every point of the room is shared with our housekeeping manager, Head of operations for their review and improvement. I would like to share that hotel refurbishment is our number one priority and our management team is working tirelessly on this project.

I am disappointed to hear that you have not had a good experience with our staff. I would really like to hear more about the experience so that this can be looked into. At your convenience feel free to email me with more details.

Once again, I would like to apologise for the inconvenience, Should your travels bring you back to Preston, please consider me as your personal contact at the hotel and I will ensure your room preferences are met and expectations exceeded. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Preston Marriott Hotel.

Kind Regards

Brenno Almada
Assistant Front Office Manager
MHRS.BLKBP.FRONTDESK@marriotthotels.com

Reviewed 31 July 2022

We arrived late around 10.30pm to a very friendly young reception team that made us feel super welcome.

The whole place was very relaxed and the breakfast was brilliant for our family of 4.

I'd stay again in a heart beat !

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Jez999
Reviewed 23 July 2022

This is purely a review on the gym/fitness facilities available here as I live local and have obviously never had the need to spend a night here. I have heard also, the only reason this hotel has this gym is to keep its 4 star rating.

I want to start on the positive. The staff here are brilliant, I haven’t got a bad thing to say about them. They are always very friendly, polite and helpful. Both the better half and I cannot fault them.

Overall the gym is well equipped and is well stocked. The pool is also clean (just quite small), along with the hot tubs, sauna and steam room. It’s also not very busy, but this could be down to the negatives.

In general, it looks quite run down, the majority of the equipment is well over 10 years old and I have also heard new items are normally hand-me-downs from other gyms getting a refurb. They’re so old the iPhone docks are from the 1st Gen. era!

Some equipment is quite rusty and aspects of the equipment feel very worn out. Wallpaper is falling off in areas, cable trunking is also hanging off walls here and there. I don’t think the sound system works as the horrible tinny TV speakers are used for the radio instead.

The best room is the free weight room, that equipment obviously ages well. It recently had a very welcome new floor installed. But there’s plenty of equipment and options for various exercises. If anything the room and quickly feel small, especially when 4-5 people are in there.

The changing rooms are nice, clean and the majority of the lockers work as expected. Toilets are quite stained - though, not smelly. The mens showers are shockingly bad, I get more water pressure out of a small water pistol.

There’s a “protein bar” but I’ve never seen it open or anyone even near it.

The crazy price of membership for the quality of the gym makes definitely very overpriced. We get a discount through work, which makes it just about acceptable. I generally wouldn’t expect to pay more than £30 a month for a gym of this standard, unfortunately it’s over double that.

I’d expect a gym like this to be of the standard of Ribby Hall Gym, or The Vale hotel on Wales.

My sons £18 a month gym is much better in terms of equipment and space, it just lacks the pool facilities. That’s 1/3 of the normal cost of the Marriott!!

Overall, this gym isn’t at the standard you’d expect for the Marriott price you’re paying. It desperately needs a refurb or a facelift of some sort. It’s rundown, shabby and stuck in a time warp. Unfortunately there isn’t a huge amount of competition north of Preston, so I doubt much will change in the near future.

A shame really.

Date of stay: July 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Preston Marriott Guest Relations, Other at Preston Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2022

Dear Dphect,

We recognize your time is valuable and appreciate the feedback you have provided. I have forwarded your concerns to the Leisure club manager for review. Since we don't have any contact details from you, we kindly ask that you contact Rachel Hamer on rachel.hamer@marriotthotels.com. She would like to get back to you in regards to your feedback.

Kind Regards