This hotel cost approximately half the rate I often pay for other chains and my room was far superior to that offered by rivals. I had an ipod docking station, flat screen TV, stylishly decorated room, spacious bathroom in tip top condition with excellent shower and comfortable bed. I greatly appreciate free wifi throughout the hotel - so many chains load this cost and it always leaves me with sour taste in my mouth. Right from check-in the staff were friendly and helpful and this continued throughout my stay using the conferencing facilities the next day.
I dined in the Verve restaurant. To be fair it wasn't outstanding but it did the job. The dinner menu lacks enough healthy choices for my tastes but what came was good enough. I followed this up with a few drinks the Victory Pub and agree with another reviewer that the cleanliness, table clearing and glass collection could be sharpened up. That said, it was certainly no worse than many more expensive establishments I have stayed in.
Breakfast was interesting. There is a good selection overall but inexplicably the fresh fruit is not laid out near the cereals instead being located right next to the hotplate. Not being a great fan of cooked breakfasts I didn't venture over there and didn't see it until a colleague pointed it out later. I was therefore disappointed with dull plain cereal but am not sure I would have liked semi warm fruit anyway! Maybe this aspect of breakfast could do with a rethink or at least some signage by the cereals.
Overall I have formed a great impression of this hotel. I would very happily go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Village Hotel Birmingham Solihull is conveniently located close to the major motorway (M42) and rail networks, making it the perfect base to explore the new Birmingham revival in all its glory. The latest hotspot for big shops, big label and big nights out!. It's ideal for quick access to the NEC, Genting Arena and Birmingham International Airport. Nearby attractions include chocoholics favourite Cadbury World, the Sealife Centre, Touchwood shopping Centre and Warwick Castle. Village Hotel Birmingham Solihull has 128 bright and modern bedrooms, a choice of stylish dining in the Village Grill or the Village Pub - which shows all major sporting events, Starbucks Coffee Shop, state-of-the-art Health and Fitness Club, 20m Swimming Pool, Meeting and Conference Centre, Live Party Nights, Wedding Licence, free wi-fi throughout the hotel and free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Village Hotel Solihull reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Village Prem Solihull Hotel Solihull
- Village Hotel Solihull West Midlands