All reviews white rabbit busy roundabout cooked breakfast good size min walk minute wait first morning yogurt short stay would stay again bedroom continent sofa
Reviewed 7 August 2018

The rooms are very nice. The heatwave was on and we were given a room on the second floor and even with a fan it was very hot. The next morning I mentioned to Linda who runs the place and she could not be more helpful,moving us to another room that had become vacant also moving our bags while we were out enjoying the day. We were in Maidstone for the Simple Minds concert and the hotel is close to the city centre,5 mins walk , and the Kent showground where the concert was. It is very much a restaurant feel and not a pub BUT if you said you were staying there then you would be served at the bar.

Room Tip: Close to the city centre
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank walter c
Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

How this place is open is beyond me. I was concerned when I was told you cannot have a drink without a meal but my relatives wanted to use it. There were six adults and two children. We went to the booking desk and were told that we would have to wait an hour for a table for eight!! There isn't any seating within this establishment to wait so we sat in the garden in a howling wind were the umbrella's kept blowing over. We sat for over an hour and I finally went in and asked what side of Xmas would our table be available only to be told that it would be half to an hour yet . At the time I was sorting this a gentleman was saying that he had received a parking ticket for £140 after his last visit even though he had registered his car. They were sorting this out when we decided to leave. Another group also were refused service because there wasn't enough staff. This was mid afternoon.I was told they had spent several millions improving this place. Total waste if money. We went to another establishment which had no problems accomodating us. These people are totally incapable of any form of device and should be avoided at all cost. You have been warned!!!!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank phensicEngland
Reviewed 16 July 2018

Food was VERY expensive , Service at breakfast very slow , one morning I couldn't wait any longer (half an hour) so left having only had toast & tea, Outside patio area was filthy with cigarette ends everywhere spoiling what should be a nice outdoor area. Tables were stained with spilt drink & empties left out un collected.
My room had a window that overlooked porch roof on which was a soiled nappy . I was too tired & hot to complain & left a night early . The room itself (6) was very nice & comfortable . I didn't eat in restaurant as way too expensive apart from a starter as a snack one evening . Very nice decor etc so pricing suited . Just a shame the service & cleanliness outside wasn't up to scratch

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

No drinks for house guests if not served with a full expensive meal. Absolutely ridiculous and inacceptabel.Breakfast half an hour later than announced, plates dirty, dirt from the evening before has not been removed. Accomodation was mich better before they founded the steakhouse.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 July 2018 via mobile

We stayed here due to a meeting the next morning in Maidstone and we aren’t local. When we first arrived there was no one to check us in so we had to go into the restaurant to ask one of the waitress’s to find someone to check us in. The shower in our room was left on so there was water all over the bathroom floor and there was also no air conditioning in the room which led to an uncomfortable night’s sleep. I wouldn’t recommend staying here as it really isn’t pleasant. The food in The Miller and Carter was very good as usual but the breakfast service in the morning was terrible. There was no one to sit us down or take our orders. The sausage on the full English breakfast was burnt to nothing and the supposed ‘Bacon’ with the breakfast turned out to be one strip of gammon.

Stayed: July 2018