2,209 results
All reviews club room dyson fan leisure facilities the verve public house sky tv coffee machine changing rooms swimming pool great facilities lovely hotel the pub steam room standard room self service comfy bed would stay again
Reviewed 13 September 2018

i went to a wedding nearby and couldn't get a taxi for an hour and a half so walked to this hotel with some friends who were staying here. Staff were helpful at supplying us with numbers.One of my friends had booked a twin room for herself and another friend but hotel said she couldn't check in when she arrived because room wasn't ready until 3pm at which time she needed to be at the wedding. Someone took note of their name and made a note had arrived but not collected key. but when she got back at 11.45pm was told because you hadn't checked it your room was given to someone else but we can give you a refund. Insisted on seeing a manager who magicked up a double room. sitting in the lobby was horrendous young children running up and down the the stairs and corridors where people were trying to sleep half without shoes. Extremely drunken close to paraletic guests staggering about sitting outside hotel breaking glasses making so much noise, where children were also running. Staff made no attempt to stop the children speak to adults/parents. We got in our taxi at 1.20am children still up running up about. Another guest turned up at 1am got held up getting to the hotel told room given away despite payment being taken and had booking reference like my friend. At least 4 brides staying at the hotel 2 of which were covered in tattoos. The people causing the noise were their wedding guests. Got back to the hilton maidstone completely quiet with notices to keep noise down when getting to your room.Price of hilton rooms only slightly more but so worth it. Staff at hilton so much better than village hotel.

Room Tip: go some where else
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
GeneralManagerME14, General Manager at Village Hotel Maidstone, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for your recent review of your stay with us. With many guests staying at the hotel, we take all reasonable steps to monitor and react to the behaviour of all guests, clearly on this occasion some things have been observed that were not detected by the team. Please can i ask you to contact me directly at the hotel so that i can discuss in more detail with you.

Reviewed 10 September 2018

Stayed here tonight. Has some good and some bad.
We paid to upgrade to a club room before we arrived for just £10 extra. A great price as you get full Sky TV and Gym and pool area included in the upgrade. The Gym and the pool with Sauna and Steam Room are one of the best I have seen in an hotel. The room left a lot to be desired. The first room given had an air conditioning unit for another area making one hell of a noise right outside the window (Room101) and a view of loads of ducting and extraction systems. We changed rooms. No air conditioner outside, just a car park and a motorway bridge for a view. With the windows closed not a lot of noise though. Badly stained carpet, only one set of towels and no Decaf Coffee(Room102)

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your recent review. I was pleased to read you enjoyed our great value upgrade. From November this upgrade will also include access to our all new Business Club. Our bedrooms offer different levels of view but i am pleased the team arranged a suitable alternative. Whilst we do not supply decaf coffee in the rooms please do request it from the team using the phone in your room as we do have it in stock and available for guests on request.

Reviewed 6 September 2018

Stayed here on our way to the channel tunnel the last week in August. It is very easy to get to and plenty of parking available. The room was large enough and very nicely set out and clean, however the windows in the room did not stop the irritating humming noise from air conditioning units on the adjacent flat roof. The decor to the corridors looks unfinished with a colour scheme only a photocopier would be proud of. We arrived just after 6 and thought we would go for a swim before our evening meal, however we were told children weren't allowed in the pool area after 6. The hotel was having what would hope improvement works so the evening meal was served in the Starbucks cafe area. Staff were running back and forth from the kitchen with the food, they were doing their best for customers and were very pleasant. Breakfast buffet was placed in the bar area and served everything you would expect and plenty of it. I wasn't impressed with the reception area with its self styled check-in that didn't work. I would stop there again but only if I got a special offer.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Mark M

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the room and found the ample free parking a benefit. We do indeed have set children swimming times, these are available on our website, and also on the in room guide, they are purely in place to allow the enjoyment of the facilities by all. I sincerely apologise for the impact of our refurbishment works on your stay, these works conclude at the end of September when we open our new Bar & Grill offering which I hope you will return to enjoy in the future.

Reviewed 5 September 2018 via mobile

I’ve stayed in Village hotels up and down the country and the stay I experienced is not what I have come to expect from the usual high levels of service, accommodation and facilities. The first room I was booked into had no electricity I approached reception so the manager was called. Problem resolved but then the door itself didn’t lock. I approached reception again and informed her. I was then relocated to another room-this room had pubic hairs in the sink and by now I was done with complaining-it had been a long day and just needed to rest. The morning topped it off as all the breakfast items apart from sausages & tomatoes had run out!! I’d also paid the extra to for the club room as I always use the business facilities-however in this hotel was told that the hub was out of bounds to me as I wasn’t there in a conference!

Stayed: September 2018

Thank you for taking time to review your recent experience with us. Your feedback has been reviewed in full with the necessary members of the management team. We pride ourselves in high levels of standards within our property, and clearly on this occasion some things have gone wrong which your feedback has enables us to address. You are correct that your upgrade will allow you access to our new Business Club, at Maidstone this area is still under construction and it opens in November 2018.

Reviewed 4 September 2018

Booked a night at this hotel and paid a bit more for a Club room. For the extra money the room is the same size, but you get entry into the great swimming pool/gym without additional charge, full Sky TV, Dyson fan and a ‘pod’ coffee machine. The TV and coffee machine both need instructions to get them to work (none provided). The paint on the bathroom wall and the window sill were both badly chipped and not what I expected a ‘premium’ room to be like. Our view was of beer kegs dumped on the flat roof at the front of the hotel with the car park behind. There is also major renovation of the restaurant occuring and the noise was so loud we had to leave our room at one point, it would have been nice to have just been informed of this at time of booking.

Room Tip: Club rooms do offer free entry to the pool which is a bonus, but ask if there are any recently refurbished ones when checking in.
Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for completing your recent review of your stay. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the facilities of the Club room upgrade. We periodically refresh our bedroom paintwork and i believe the team have identified the bedroom in question. Please accept my apologies that your were not notified of the refurbishment work, I can confirm this works completes this week as we re-open our new Pub & Grill.