1,849 results
All reviews two double beds swimming pool good size room was large weekend break steam room breakfast was excellent evening meal one night stay plenty of parking family room leisure facilities gym motorway sofa france eurotunnel
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed here for the weekend , honestly say the whole hotel is shabby and dirty . Staff had no personalities. The girl on reception thought she was a lot better then what she was a complete attitude problem n persona . Accused of smoking with staff knocking on the door . Deeply disappointed as there was no smoking and obviously hoping to dish out a fine . It was creepy . Staff give you dirty looks like. Look like the type to spit in your food. They run out of shot glasses and had to give me a wine glass . Room service 1 hour . Food revolting sent back but will say manager was ok seem quite fair so go to a travel lodge as this not worth the stay or visit!

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends
Jessica P, Personal Assistant to the General Manager at Hilton Maidstone, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Gina27xx

Thank you for your review and I am sorry that you were unhappy with your recent stay. All feedback is valuable to us and I can only apologise for the issues experienced. Please be assured that this is not the standard of service we provide to our guests and I will ensure your feedback is shared with all teams for retraining to be provided.

I understand that we have left you with a negative impression of our hotel and should you wish to take this further please feel free to contact either myself or our Deputy Manager on Maidstone_info@hilton.com

Thank you for bringing these matters to our attention and I hope that we will welcome you back in the future and be able to restore your faith in our hotel.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had a family meal, table for 10 persons so quite a selection of starters and mains. The service was adequate most of the time, but the food was variable.

Some mains were OK although not quite as expected from the description, and some were poor. The chicken and leak pie was like a supermarket purchase pie upturned on the plate. Not restaurant cooked. It was also very poor quality.

Only a few of us had deserts and one was memorable for all the wrong reasons. Ice cream was ordered and the waitress brought over a tub straight out the freezer and plonked it (no attempt to serve it) in front of my mother. It was OK ice cream but to charge over £5 to literally throw a small £1 tub of pre-packaged food in front of people is not restaurant service.

Room Tip: Probably the best room are at other hotels
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family

Dear PaulSansom2014,

Thank you for your review. I am sorry to read of the experience that you had whilst dining in our hotel. Please be assured that this is not our usual standard of service or quality of food and I will ensure your feedback is shared with our Head Chef and Food and Beverage Management team and ensure immediate improvements are made and retraining is provided to our team. I shall also ensure that your feedback regarding the pie is shared with our supplier and procurement team and that improvements and changes are made where necessary.

Thank you for bringing these matters to our attention and I hope we will welcome you back in the future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 11 October 2018

My wife and I had tickets to watch Jools Holland at the Maidstone BBC studios, a somewhat fraught 15 minute walk from this hotel, which is everything that you might expect from Hilton. Plenty of parking, friendly and efficient reception staff, impressive building and interior. Our double room was very spacious, well equipped, spotlessly clean and very comfortable. We had an excellent nights sleep. Breakfast was as good as it gets and the price was very reasonable. Problems? The WiFi was very slow and the coffee machine was broken. This was compensated for by the fact that the bands appearing on the Jools Holland show were staying at the hotel and we were able to enjoy taking drinks and chatting with them in the hotel’s bar until the early hours following the show’s recording.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Colin T
Jessica P, Personal Assistant to the General Manager at Hilton Maidstone, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2018

Dear Colin T,

Thank you for your review and I am pleased that you had an enjoyable stay with us and found our team members friendly and efficient and our rooms spacious, clean and comfortable. My apologies that there was an issue with our coffee machine. Please be assured that this is not usual of our hotel and this has been fixed as soon as possible.

We will share your feedback regarding the WiFi with our internet provider and technology team and look into having this improved as soon as possible.

Thank you for bringing these matter to our attention and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

Friendly staff, good bar and breakfast, but room could do with some work. Furniture worn, pictures faded, missing bedside lights also not as clean as I expected. We did talk to the management and they waved some of our charged. Also they charge £2 for parking which was a surprise.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank gunnerbob2018
Jessica P, Front Office Manager at Hilton Maidstone, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2018

Dear gunnerbob2018,

Thank you for your review. I am sorry to read that you did not enjoy your recent stay with us, but was pleased to read that you found our staff to be friendly and bar and breakfast to be good. Please be assured that we are constantly updating our hotel and we have recently refurbished our meeting rooms and health club changing rooms as well as installing new gym equipment. We are also in the process of redecorating a number of our bedrooms and I am confident that should you choose to stay with us again, you will see the improvements that we have made. Thank you for bringing this to the attention to our management team at the time. We have had our parking barrier installed 2 years ago and we are charging £2.00 par car per night, sorry that it was not explained to you, but it has been advertised on our website too.

Thank you once again for your feedback and it will be shared with our management team.

Dana Saduka
Front Desk Manager

Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

We have just returned from a 2 night stay, having been visiting the fabulous Big Cat Sanctuary at Smarden.

The first impression was off a tired hotel in need of having some money spent on it.

On the plus side, with the exception of the chef (more later), the staff were great. From the friendly welcome at reception through to the bar and restaurant, all were very pleasant, chatty and took a real interest in their guests. Special mention to our waitress Kerry in the restaurant, who had to deal with the many complaints from diners during our evening meal, all of which she handled wonderfully with a smile and great patience. Breakfast was excellent with a wide range. Our room was ok, although was looking rather tired.

On the negative side, our evening meal in the restaurant was appalling. (Thursday 4th October) My wife ordered the slow cooked short rib of beef, expecting a lovely tender piece of meat which would fall off the bone. What she got was a lump of fat and cartilage with no bone, which was cremated on the outside and completely raw and cold in the middle. When we returned the dish chef informed us he could not cook the meat any more or it would ruin it! It was definately not a short rib and clearly had not been slow cooked. My wife then ordered mac and cheese as a replacement. When this came it was just a bowl of cheese sauce with 15 small pieces of pasta in it! She gave up at that point. The couple at the next table ordered river trout, but got salmon which chef had tried to pass off as river trout! The wall beside our table was also filthy and spattered with food. Generally all the windows and mirrors were also filthy. Needless to say we are out on our second night.

Unfortunately our terrible experience in the restaurant and the attitude of the chef are our lasting impression of this hotel, undoing the good work of the rest of the staff.

As a Hilton Honours member, I do know the excellent standards other Hilton hotels we have stayed in have reached.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MikeMatson

Dear MikeMatson

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel. As a Hilton Honors member, you are among our most valued guests. I am pleased to read that you found all staff excellent and special mention about Kerry, I will share your feedback with food and beverage manager. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we're very sorry you were unhappy. Our Executive Team is reviewing your comments to ensure they are used to improve our guest's experience and I apologise you were not happy with the evening meal. I trust my offer has gone a little way to make it right and we hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

Dana Saduka