1,832 results
All reviews two double beds swimming pool good size room was large weekend break steam room channel tunnel breakfast was excellent one night stay evening meal good nights sleep plenty of parking family room leisure facilities gym motorway sofa
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed here a week ago and first impressions were good. However, the room was very tired with a scruffy carpet and the bathroom needed an upgrade. We were told at reception that the bar would be open until midnight, but the barman closed the shutters at 11.15. He was not very happy and when my partner was waiting to be served, he was told he needed to do some stapling first, as it was "part of his job". Whilst we were sat having a drink, I noticed something moving under a table and it was a mouse. Well, I would never stay here again and was worried there might be more mice around the hotel. The bed was extremely uncomfortable and squeaky and it was really dusty underneath. Really not worth the money.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Jessica P, Personal Assistant to the General Manager at Hilton Maidstone, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Odyssey449954,

Thank you for your review. I am pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay but would like to apologise for the shortfalls in standards that you experienced. Please be assured that we are constantly updating our hotel and we are in the process of updating a number of our bedrooms and bathrooms and I am confident that should you choose to stay with us again, you will be able to see the improvements we have made. I will also ensure that our maintenance team rectify the issue with the bed and that our housekeeping team is retrained with regards to the cleanliness under the bed.

I'd also like to reassure you that we have contacted pest control who are dealing with the mouse as quick as possible.

My apologies for the service experienced in the bar. This is not our usual standard and I will ensure that this is shared with our Food and Beverage Management for retraining to be provided to our team members.

Thank you for bringing these matters to our attention and I hope we will welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 11 September 2018 via mobile

I booked into the Hilton for 2 nights as my wedding was happening. Booked 2 in bridle suit but got message they gave owe room away ! Not happy very disappointed! Turn up on wedding night and for the amount this place charges is disgraceful for what you get ! Very poor will never go back !

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paul P
Jessica P, Personal Assistant to the General Manager at Hilton Maidstone, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2018

Dear Paul P,

Thank you for your review. I am sorry to read that you were unhappy with your stay with us. Please be assured that as we only have one suite, if our guests book this, then this is allocated for them. I have spoken to our reception team and I'm afraid that we are not aware of this issue and we would be grateful if you could provide some more information to us by contacting us on Maidstone_info@Hilton.com.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention and we look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

We travelled from Lancashire to visit family in Maidstone for the weekend and had decided to stay at the Hilton. After a 5 hour journey we arrived late and tired but was greeted by a pleasant receptionist who made our check in easy and attended to our requirements. Our room was lovely and spacious with everything you would need for a relaxing stay, and I must say the beds are the most comfortable I’ve ever slept in. We had breakfast which was delicious with ample choice of both hot and cold varieties. Before check out on our last day we managed to fit in a quick swim in the pool and a dip in the jacuzzi which relaxed us ready for our road trip home. Thankyou to the Hilton Maidstone we most definitely will return on our next visit to Kent

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Jessica P, Personal Assistant to the General Manager at Hilton Maidstone, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

Dear Wilkinson10,

Thank you for your review. I am pleased that you had an enjoyable stay at our hotel and found your stay with us relaxing and comfortable and that our breakfast set you up for a good day!

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 8 September 2018

Right by the big Next store (which is easy to spot when driving), there is the hotel. Rooms were fairly big, ours was facing the main road but fortunately, the noise level wasn't too bad. As there is no A/C (only 2 fans in the room) if it had been hot it could have been an issue as the ground floor rooms have doors to the outside so it would have been impossible to open a door overnight to let the air in without the risk of an intruder.

Having a spa is a boost at this price point and its not a bad place. The sauna / jacuzzi and steam room are not without fault, generally not as hot as I'd like so if you don't like it roasting then you'll be fine. The pool is big enough for a reasonable swim.

Breakfast on Sunday morning was good with a wide range of hot an cold dishes, although towards the end of service some items had been consumed, so don't leave it too late to go down.

Staff were very helpful and arranged a good taxis (Express Cars) for us. I'd completed surveys directly with the chain and was pleasantly surprised to get feedback quickly.

Room Tip: exterior rooms that are to the right of the reception, either on the spa level or above level will be facing the main road.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear AlynHockey,

Thank you for your review. I am pleased that you had an enjoyable stay with us and found our rooms spacious. Please be assured that the only rooms that have doors leading outside are our accessible rooms, and these doors are fire exits. All of our other bedrooms have windows that can be opened. My apologies that you were not informed of this.

I am pleased that our team members were helpful and that you were able to enjoy our health club facilities and our breakfast. I will share your feedback with our kitchen team regarding items running out as this is not our usual standard and I am confident that we can make the necessary improvements.

Jessica Lawrence , PA to Leonardo Gagliano, General Manager

Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

I chose Hilton Maidstone to celebrate our 12th Wedding Anniversary as a surprise for my hubby.They had a Romance Pack for a very good price and included dinner, breakfast and Prosecco and chocolates waiting for us in the room.
We were greeted at the Reception by nice staff and told we could use facilities and were informed about the opening times for the restaurant.
But when we got to the room the key card wasn't working so had to make a short trip back to the reception to change it. Once in the room, we were eager to run to the pool but we couldn't find the slippers :) so had to call the reception and they sent 2 pairs straight away and off we were to the pool. There were only a few people which is nice on a Saturday afternoon. My big disappointment was that both the sauna and the steam bath had no ambient music so it was boring and not so relaxing. At the pool it was the same, no music at all, so really disappointing for us.
The room was kept well but a few minuses here too such as one of the big towels was stained with something that appeared to be blood but didn't want to spoil our stay so we used the rest, the robes were very very old and looked bad,under the bed there was a thick pile of dust, suggesting that hoovering is done only by the edge of the bed.
Seasons Restaurant in the evening was quite good,set menu was filling and food was good,however my hubby's cutlery was dirty and we left them on the table's side but weren't changed until I asked for it-no attention to detail.
Breakfast in the morning was nice, I loved the croissants.
Overall, a nice short stay and with the price we have paid,can't complain as much. But saw their other prices when booking and probably wouldn't pay that much for the same because like other reviews say, the hotel is dated and needs an upgrade.
I was also expecting a nice touch such a Happy Anniversary with desserts but never came and they knew we were there celebrating as informed in advance.
Thank you for being a part of our family memories now and yes, I would come back !

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Jessica P, Personal Assistant to the General Manager at Hilton Maidstone, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2018

Dear Mary B,

Thank you for your review and I am pleased that you had an enjoyable anniversary break with us. My apologies for the shortfalls that you experienced during your stay with us and I shall ensure your feedback regarding the sauna and steam room is shared with the health club management.

My apologies for the cleanliness of the bedroom and cutlery in the restaurant. This is not our usual standard and I shall ensure that this is shared with our team members for immediate improvements to be made.

Please be assured that we are constantly updating our hotel and I am confident that should you choose to stay with us again, you will be able to see the improvements we have made.