“Our Wedding Reception”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Maidstone, United Kingdom
“Our Wedding Reception”
Reviewed 7 May 2012

We had our wedding reception at the Hilton Maidstone on 3/5/12. From start to finish it was perfect in every way.Paula Seager was our contact at the Hotel, and she arranged everything, with military precision.We had several guests staying on either the night before, or the night of the Wedding.......they all commented on the quality of the service and of the rooms...Our reception was lovely.....the food was excellent and again, the service was exceptional.........the Evening Buffetwas, in the words of one of our guests 'phenominal'.Everything we asked for.....we got....nothing was too much trouble..........I was so pleased with the entire day.I very strongly recommend anyone considering this venue for their wedding..........GO AND BOOK IT, you ill not regret it.
I would particularly like to pick out OLIVER and NINA for a special mention, they looked after us so well, and they were good fun as well......which is always a good sign......it made the whole day, RELAXING' and took away any pre wedding day stress.

1ST CLASS HOTEL ,SERVICE AND STAFF

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank darrylturl
LeonardoGagliano, General Manager at Hilton Maidstone, responded to this review, 16 May 2012
Dear Darrylturl,

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with the readers of this website and indeed for recommending us. It is a real pleasure to read that such a unique occasion was as special as it should. I am sure the team will be as delighted as I am with your review when I shared it with them in our next meeting!

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Maidstone.

Hotel Manager
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (247)
Maidstone, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 May 2012

I took my wife here for a birthday treat and had a deluxe king room on the ground floor. On entering the Hotel and having a look around it is actually fairly basic and 'sterile'. The reception were overworked with wedding parties arriving and also a deluge of guests coming back wanting a room change away from the wedding parties which made me feel I had made a mistake in choosing the hotel. I have to say the staff on reception were fabulous and very accomodating in dealing with all the requests. We were satisfied with the room but again it just didn't have the wow factor you would expect from a £140 per night Hilton. The TV picture was 'snowy' and again the feeling was pretty bland and disappointing. We unpacked and went to the bar for a drink to take a look at what was on offer for an evening meal. They offer a sit down more formal evening arrangement in their restaurant or you can have a more informal affair in the bar. Be warned the bar prices are outrageous and unless money is no object will put you off settling into a few drinks and relaxing. We found the restaurant not interesting in terms of a friendly and welcoming venue although the food offering seemed good. In the end we took a short walk to the nearby pub and had an excellent evening and I highly recommend this option.

Overall this Hotel is simply OK and no more. It has no character and is more of the airport type hotel and offering.

I would suggest they have a seperate check in for wedding guests instead of blocking up the desk for everyone else and also supply more than one of those conveyor toasters that deliver your toast either cremated or raw owing to the sheer numbers of people waiting for their toast off the one and only machine. On the subject of breakfast everything was very good and a good choice but for goodness sake why do Hotels of this calibre serve tinned mushrooms??!! They have smoked salmon in the continental section so I toasted a couple of slices (eventually!!) and had scrambled eggs from the traditional breakfast section with the smoked salmon...excellent and worth remembering if you go.

To summise a clean and well situated hotel with good staff but very plain and lacking the luxury feel about it.

Be careful at weekends for the wedding parties as we had the usual drunk 2am brigade yelling and running down the corridors outside the room with one darling knocking on our door as we had the do not disturb sign out and they thought it would be hilarious to wake us up. Maybe putting wedding guests in one area and non wedding guests in another would be a sensible and simple solution?

Room Tip: Just ask for a quiet one away from the health suite corridor of rooms they offer.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear LawMan,

Thank you for your constructive feedback, I am happy to read that you found our team “fabulous” and enjoyed the breakfast options; by the way the second toaster is already installed as per your suggestions. However I am sorry that not everything was to your liking, although I would prefer to read that you were fully satisfied, it is always important to hear what else was expected from us and for that I am grateful to you for taking the time to make such a comprehensive range of suggestions of services and facilities we could modify or implement.

Nevertheless, for the sake of accuracy of reference to other reader of this site, I would like to add that we do have prices to all budgets, including several promotional options of meals including drink for £10.95. We also already do our best to segregate wedding groups as you suggested, I am truly sorry for the inconsiderate people who disturbed you, my apologies.

I do hope to have the opportunity to welcoming you back to the Hilton Maidstone, I am confident that we can change your perception and provide you with a great customer experience.

England
Reviewed 3 May 2012

Having been to a wedding fayre at the Maidstone Hilton recently, to book our wedding video, it seems an ideal venue for a Maidstone wedding, as your guests can all have a drink and stay in the accommodation, rather than get taxis elsewhere.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room if that's what you'd like.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Toedipper,

Thank you very much for your review and recomendation.

UK
Reviewed 27 April 2012

I chose this hotel for its location near to the M20, and proximity to the Channel Tunnel.

I was given a large room, which was pleasant, with a comfortable bed. I was just down from the Gym, but noise from within the hotel was very well muted.

The staff were very welcoming and attentive on the whole. The breakfast was very good, with a waffle iron included, very unusual to find in the UK! My only niggle at breakfast was that the lady taking me to my table asked if I wanted coffee, I did and said so, but it never arrived, so I had to ask again. Minor but they were not short of staff at 7am.

Other possible points to note is the room I had had no a/c, so in summer this might be an issue, as you are close to the M20, with I would imagine sufficient road noise if you have the window open to disturb.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
LeonardoGagliano, General Manager at Hilton Maidstone, responded to this review, 30 April 2012
Dear reviewer,

Thank you for your constructive feedback, I am please to read that you enjoyed your stay, especially that you found our team to be welcoming and attentive, sorry for the coffee oversight though, I assure you it will be brought to their attention.

We hope to have the pleasure to welcoming you back to the Hilton Maidstone.

Snohomish, Washington
Reviewed 26 April 2012

My husband was in the area on business and I decided to tag along to see the area. The staff is what makes this hotel, I have stayed in many hotels and have never experienced the level of friendliness I found in the front desk staff here. The breakfast buffet was very well stocked, the staff friendly. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The only thing I would probably add would be a foot stool for the loveseat, after a long day walking the countryside I wanted to put my feet up. I would have relaxed in the spa but it was far too cold for that. My husband used the gym each evening and found it well maintained and equipment available without long waits. We'd stay here for sure if we find ourselves in the area again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
LeonardoGagliano, General Manager at Hilton Maidstone, responded to this review, 27 April 2012
Dear reviewer,
Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback and recommending us. I am especially pleased to read your feedback about the team, I will be passing on your compliments to them.
I also hope you find reasons to come back, we would be glad to welcome you and your husband again.
Hotel Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maidstone
3.5 km away
3.1 km away
The Black Horse Inn
The Black Horse Inn
#1 of 1 in Thurnham

Been to Hilton Maidstone? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK