All reviews asda car park river view town centre travel lodge budget hotel room was clean top floor all you can eat excellent stay comfortable stay busy road reception staff short stay one night stay roundabout medway hairdryer
Reviewed 5 December 2016 via mobile

I'll start with the nice points. The hotel was quite modern and the room was nice and spacious. That's about as far as I can go. When we arrived we pulled into the tiniest car park I have ever seen alongside a 5 story hotel with hundreds of rooms! Yes there is parking in a nearby asda carpark but this was also near to bursting. After about 10 minutes of driving around we finally found a space. We then had to lug all of our things and 2 dogs along a busy road up to the hotel. when we booked we were told we needed 2 rooms as there were 4 of us. We asked that the rooms be placed together and that we needed a room with as little "traffic" as possible as we had a dog with us who is very protective and barks when someone walks passed. On arrival we were not only given rooms not together they were on separate floors! When questioned we were just told nothing they can do. We then found that we were conned out of £50 as one room has 4 beds. Now travelodge id like an answer as to why we can't have one room?! Now for the sleep that we so desperately needed after the long drive up from Southampton and 2 of us were competing at a competition the next day. 1st things first apparently every car in Maidstone has no exhaust pipe and when pulling away from the traffic lights that were directly in front of our window have to be reved as high as possible. The window was of such low quality it may aswell have been open. Sound and a massive draft come straight through. Then to top it all off there was a group of drunk women opposite us who had no consideration for any other guests in the hotel. They seemed to have rooms also on separate floors as they took great pleasure in using the metal fire escape stairs next to our room causing more noise for us to try and sleep through! I feel this hotel should be advertised as a place to stay if youre wanting to party in Maidstone. If you are staying for anything else especially if you have a big day the next day don't bother!!

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank emmayo1991
TravelodgeUK, Remy from the Social Media Team at Travelodge Maidstone Central, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2016

We apologise for the issues you experienced during your stay with us and we would like to look into this further for you. May we kindly request you contact us via our website so our customer service team can investigate your comments. Thank you again for posting your comments and we hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed 5 December 2016

Excellent stay, very friendly staff and helpfull, very nice comfortable room and even got upgraded as a favour for ringing them up to informnthem of something important. Cannot fault the service i received this weekend

Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
1  Thank jamesdY148IK
Reviewed 30 November 2016

The shower in the room had mould around the edges and the sealant was cracked so water could settle in it the water in the shower did not drain away right so you paddled in the shower in dirty water . The wall by the bed had been kicked or had something thrown against it there was a dent in it

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
TravelodgeUK, Nicolas from the Social Media team at Travelodge Maidstone Central, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2016

Thank you very much for submitting your review. Detailed feedback like yours is very important to us and we have passed your comments onto the hotel manager as cleanliness and room servicing are the basics of our promise to our customers and this is far from the high standards we strive to provide. Please accept our sincerest apologies and we do hope to welcome you again to a Travelodge in the near future.

Reviewed 28 November 2016 via mobile

So, this is a mean review ... sorry!
Location is great, right in be centre of the city as such and this really is the reason we booked this place. That's the positives over with!

Travellodge isn't my favourite place to stay as I always just feel like I'm left feeling like someone, somewhere is laughing at me for having parted with my money and staying here. Rooms are always very sterile in the sense that the MD has clearly taken the "no frills" concept to heart ... bare minimum. Bizarrely we didn't even have a bath or a bath you stand in to shower, in this hotel we had a small shower cubicle tray.

Service is always a bit hit and miss too. Our room didn't have any milk or coffee in so approaching the reception the woman seemed put out to have her conversations with the bar girl interrupted. She then proceeded to put a variety of items into a plastic bin bag for me to carry up ... which I guess is fine, however perhaps a "sorry about that sir please give me your room number and I'll get some brought up".

I came. The hotel was warm. I slept here .... if I'd have had a gripe about any of these I'd have asked for my money back!

Date of stay: November 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
TravelodgeUK, Shannon from the Social Media team. at Travelodge Maidstone Central, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2016

Thank you very much for submitting your review. We are sorry to hear of the problems you faced whilst staying at Travelodge Maidstone Central. Detailed feedback like yours is very important to us and we have passed your comments onto the hotel manager as this is far from the service we strive to provide. Thank you very much for passing us this important and helpful feedback. We hope you decide to stay with us in the future.

Reviewed 27 November 2016 via mobile

Nice location and very modern. Local to central maidstone, staff very helpful and friendly, rooms clean and comfy. Nicely priced too. Breakfast available on site and free wireless fir half an hiur only, you will need to pay extra £3 for 24 hours for wifi! Onlybsmall car park at frint if hitel byt plenry more round the corner at Asda carpark but you mudt register at hotel on arrival. Will use again thanks

Trip type: Travelled on business