“Could be great - but it really isn't!”

The Cosgrove Lodge Hotel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Milton Keynes
The Cosgrove Lodge Hotel
Ranked #23 of 33 Milton Keynes B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 August 2015 via mobile

Very rude staff - especially the owner who was the worst of the lot. When food is actually available expect to wait a LONG time. The place seems disorganised and run down. Such a shame as we have a caravan on the site close by and we were hoping to visit the lodge frequently. Please sell up to someone who knows how to run this type of business!!

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
4  Thank Milkey31
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 15 August 2015 via mobile

The worst i.ve ever been to and i.ve eaten at a few restaurants in my lifetime ....
An hour and a half wait for their advertised curry and bingo night and when the meal finally arrived the order was wrong, some missed out completely. Although saying that, the bingo was fun!!
The following evening we thought we.d try a barmeal as it seemed quiet there. The barstaff told me to go back to the restaurant just after 6, as they had a function on at 9. So 6 oclock came, we went back to the restaurant, 5 children, 4 adults. I was confronted by a staff member who asked what we wanted, so i explained what i.d been told. Another 'staff member' who didn.t identify himself told me we.d have wait until 7...as they had a function later on.
I replied 'in that case we.ll go somewhere else as last night the meal took an hour and a half to arrive And the children were hungry. I also said they.d loose a lot of money as we would have eaten there most nights..
The male staff member became abusive, told me he didn.t want me there as i was rude and continued to shout at me as i walked away.
My son in law, a head chef, told him to not talk to paying customers like that as it destroys buisness..
He also told him that this was why there was only 3 paying customers at the bar...
My point is that this 'could' be a thriving bar and restaurant as it is a beautiful setting, and very profitable apart from a shoddy, disorganised hash of a management who need to either quit or get a grip!!!
If it was my business i would replace the managers and retrain the floor staff. I felt ashamed for them......

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
4  Thank Jayne W
Reviewed 6 August 2015

My husband and I renewed our vows on the 1st August 2015. We arranged for our celebration with 80 guests at this Hotel. We obviously had our own personal colour scheme, decorations etc but was blown away with the attention to detail. The food, all home made was second to none. The staff were oustanding and attended to our every need and looked after us and our guests the whole night. Our guests are still talking about the wonderful food and what an amazing time they had.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Dave and Carol C
Reviewed 13 July 2015

Today my granddaughter, partner and me and my partner stopped off at The Lodge for Sunday lunch and WOW what a fantastic meal it was. All home cooked. Choices are lamb shank, beef or chicken. I had the beef that melted in your mouth whilst the other 3 had the lamb shanks. They were huge and very, very tasty. There were other diners in there who also stated that they go weekly because its a fabulous meal, home cooked. Other diners who'd eaten their meal stated that as well as it being 'lovely' it was huge and they were given a tub to take the rest of their meal home. We will be back next week, I urge anyone to go try the Sunday lunch. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 June 2015

After reading some of the reviews we were worried about eating in the restaurant but we had no worries at all. I eat a gluten free diet which I had phoned ahead to ask if they do provide and was told that they had no gluten free rolls but that was ok.
We arrived about 8pm as the people we were waiting fir had been delayed by traffic and were greeted at the door by a lovely smiling girl who told us the meals were being served in the bar due to the cup final which was great for the men in our party.
A waitress came to me and went through all meal options available to me . When the meals arrived quite quickly the portions was soo big that we had to leave some food , but it was all delicious . Definitely will be returning as all staff very friendly . Well done

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
15.7 km away
The White House
The White House
#1 of 1 in Little Brickhill

Been to The Cosgrove Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK