“ok hotel but could do better for the price”

Holiday Inn Milton Keynes Central
Ranked #10 of 35 Hotels in Milton Keynes
Reviewed 26 June 2012

clean room on 2nd floor and very good breakfast but let down by charging for wi fi and parking. The health club was free for guests but tatty and needs much better lighting in the pool area, also some staff who can clear away the bag of rubbish left lying around. I visited twice and found a store room door open on the poolside, the store was in a horrendous state I have seen cleaner rubbish dumps, behind the scenes can tell you a lot about staff attitudes and the bags of rubbish and the store shouts.. cant be bothered...
The other problem I had was out of the control of the hotel, inconsiderate guests ... children let loose to run up and down corridors and adults returning to the hotel in the early hours making a fantastic din, I was woken twice at 2am and about 4am

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Milton Keynes Central, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2012

Dear espritguy,

We appreciate your feedback regarding our property. We are pleased to know that you liked our clean rooms and enjoyed breakfast. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. I am sorry you did not enjoy your overall experience with us due to the condition of our facilities and noise from our other guests. The feedback we receive from our guests enable us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.

Zelyn N.
Case Manager
IHG Care

Reviewed 25 June 2012

Checked in exhausted to be told that I had booked two rooms, explained that I only had one reservation number, but was told that I would have to sort it out in the morning. Did not ask whether or not I had been upgraded as a Platinum member as I new the answer would be "the hotel is full" If this was the best available room then the rest can't be up to much, desk lamp faulty, light out in bathroom, cracked toilet seat, all met with a blank stare in the morning.

First pint of Stella was flat, why even bother to serve it, chopped up prawns in the "Traditional" Prawn Cocktail and fish that was backed beyond edible.

Will I go back, no.

Room Tip: 325 was close to the elevators

Dear Reviewer

Further to your recent post I am disappointed that the room you stayed in on your recent visit was not to your satisfaction and my sincerest apologies that this was the case.

If you would value the opportunity to address your concerns more fully and I would respectfully ask you contact me at the hotel so I can fully address your concerns.

Once again my sincerest apologies and I hope I will have the opportunity to speak to you in the near future.

Reviewed 25 June 2012

I paid for internet access for 24hrs what I pay at home for a month. There's something wrong here. A constant gripe of mine, why am I charged for internet, an essentially fixed-cost item for the hotel, but not by the unit for water, light, electricity... which are not a fixed cost for them. Answer - because they can get away with it. Classic hotel rip-off, as is paying to park overnight in their own car-park when you're a guest!

Everything else about the hotel is fine. Good staff, clean, fresh rooms, very nice breakfast, nice public areas, good location.

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

I note your comments regarding the Internet charges, I can understand your point of view and will certainly take them into account when the next review of our Internet service provider and offering is undertaken.

I also appreciate the comments regarding the elements of your stay you found to be good, I share all the comments we receive with the entire hotel team so I know they will be pleased that you found the majority of the elements of your stay to be positive.

Thank you once again for your review and if I can be of any assistance in the future please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 20 June 2012

stayed in this hotel on 9th June. A surprise trip from my daughter for my birthday. paid extra and upgraded to a exective room. Don't bother room was no different from rooms we have had before. Room was VERY hot and air con useless. no window as we overlooked the lounge area. Dressing gown and slippers not provided as advertised and when requested we were told that they had "run out" no apology given. Room was not cleaned or checked as we found a wine glass with dry red wine in it from previous guest. Sofa smelt really bad. stayed in room 224 do not have this room if you need to use the shaving mirror as it is over the toilet and too high to be of any use. on the plus side the breakfast had much improved on our last stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Liz G

Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the obvious shortfalls in standards you have experienced on your recent visit to the hotel. It is disappointing to hear that you left the hotel dissatisfied even though I note for your review that you found some of the elements of your stay that met your satisfaction.

I have reviewed your experience with my management team who will increase their efforts to deliver on our service promise. If you are thinking of visiting the hotel again in the future please do not hesitate to contact me through the hotel switchboard and I will ensure your visit meets the high standards expected when visiting the Holiday Inn brand.

Once again please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused and hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel in the future to rectify any negative perception you may have of our hotel.

Best Wishes and Regards

Reviewed 14 June 2012

I was invited to a Professional seminar at this hotel and before going to the seminar I enquired whether parking was available at the Hotel I was told there were 87 complimentary car parking spaces and therefore parking would not be a problem.
When I arrive at the hotel I pull up take a ticket, go through the barrier and then park to go to the seminar. I came out after an hour go to the reception desk and ask to have my car parking validated so that I could leave the hotel, the receptionist, who is obviously been on the lets talk down to people course, just said yes you can pay over their card or cash, not very happy about it but went as instructed, to find the an hour's car parking at this establishment is three pounds.
Phone Holiday Inn central phone number to complain about this only to be told it is a Holiday Inn except when there is a complaint and then you have to deal with the owners of this Holiday Inn but they refused to give me any contact details.
kept changing their position and obviously don't give a dam
AVOID AT ALL COSTS

1  Thank Philip H
WBowring, General Manager at Holiday Inn Milton Keynes Central, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2012

Dear Philip H,

Further to your review may I apologise for any inconvenience caused during your recent visit to the hotel. I can understand your dissatisfaction at receiving the wrong information regarding our car park charges.

If you could contact me direct at the hotel then I can review the relevant information to ensure this does not occur again in the future.

Once again my sincerest apologies and I look forward to hearing from you in the near future.