We stay in MK quite a lot - I work for the Open University and usually take the family and make a weekend of it when called to HQ. As a result we have stayed in many hotels in the area but we are all agreed that this is the best. The hotel has a lovely atmosphere and the atrium around the main bar and glass sided elevators make it feel quite special. Yes, the rooms are showing their age, but spotlessly clean with controllable heating, space and a BIG flatscreen telly. Swimming pool is a good size (no jacuzzi sadly - perhaps would have given 5 stars if there was) and gym very good. The staff are unfailingly smiley and helpful. We had a lovely stay here and will definitely return.
One thing I'd like to make a point about - the HI 'first night free if you find it cheaper' thing. We found it cheaper on Expedia, but to get this you have to find it cheaper, then book it on the HI site at the higher price, then claim your free night. Would you trust them to give you your free night? If so, you are braver than me! I booked it on Expedia :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Milton Keynes is a spacious, purpose built city centre hotel, offering 166 bedrooms all with high speed internet access and 10 meeting/conference rooms. Xscape - the largest real snow indoor ski slope in Europe is just 10 minutes walk. Other local places of interest include The National Bowl, Bletchley Park Station X, Woburn Abbey & Safari Park, Silverstone Circuit (home of the British Grand Prix), Milton Keynes Theatre & Milton Keynes indoor shopping centre The Centre: MK Millbrook Proving Ground is only 14 miles from the hotel, making us an ideal base for the DVD Event in June. Our special offers include our Woburn Safari Park, Whipsnade Zoo and New Ski packages. Spirit health club is available for guests and members, facilities include a fully equipped gym, steam room, male and female saunas and a heated indoor swimming pool. The Holiday Inn Milton Keynes is the ideal base to explore Central England with both Oxford and Cambridge within an hours drive. The M1's junction 14 is only 10 minutes from the hotel. Milton Keynes Central Rail Station is only a 15 minute walk from the hotel and with 100 trains travelling between London and Milton Keynes everyday you can be in central London in as little as 40 minutes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda and Expedia so you can book your Holiday Inn Milton Keynes Central reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Milton Keynes Hotel Milton Keynes
- Milton Keynes Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Milton Keynes Central United Kingdom