All reviews the club lounge pillow spray ihg brand no eye contact excellent decor afternoon tea deep sleep large walk in shower complimentary water recent refurbishment usb sockets the ground floor definitely stay here again through groupon stayed here for nights large comfortable bed quality toiletries
Reviewed 5 April 2018

Went as a treat for our god-daughters 18th birthday for afternoon tea, booked in advance but they had no record of the booking (via groupon but booked directly with the hotel). We had a group of 5 people & had to find a chair ourselves for one of the group as we were shown to a table of 4, had to request an extra plate as too few supplied & had to walk to find staff on several occasions to get drinks as attention to service was lacking. The food was ok but nothing special, would really recommend using for a special event based on the service...

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Irina G, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Basingstoke, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Dear Alexhw_1979,

Firstly, I would like to thank you for taking the time to advice of your recent stay with us at Crowne Plaza Basingstoke. It is only through feedback such as yours that we are able to maintain and indeed, where necessary, improve the service that we provide to our guests.

I am very sorry to learn that your most recent experience did not meet your expectations.

Your experience on this occasion is certainly not indicative of the high standards that we strive to achieve and for this may I offer my most sincere apologies. Please be assured that I have addressed the points that you have raised regarding our service with our food and beverage team in order to make the necessary adjustments to improve moving forward.

Please reach out to me directly at gsm@cpbasingstoke.co.uk so that we can discuss your experience in person and rectify your incident.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back on a future occasion, in order to restore your faith in our Afternoon Tea.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Visiting family, overnight in my childhood town. Lobby clean, staff pleasant. It was raining hard, the first room we were put in, a small double, was newly decorated and sufficient. However the gutter outside was dripping, would have been a Chinese torture! Luckily they came and looked at the problem and moved us to a larger room, again on the ground floor and recently decorated. Had a very large walk in shower. So thank you....

Room Tip: ground floors have all been decorated.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Irina G, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Basingstoke, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Dear Chris C,

Thank you for taking the time to share your great review following your recent stay at Crowne Plaza Basingstoke.

I am delighted to read such positive comments concerning your overall stay experience with us.

Thank you also for your very kind comments concerning our staff, they will be so pleased that their efforts were so appreciated. We do value our guests feedback as it is in this way that we can continue to improve our customer service standards.

Once again thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay, the team and I look forward to welcoming you home upon your next visit to Basingstoke.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the crowne plaza hotel in Basingstoke over the Easter weekend , our plans were to visit Legoland , we got a fab deal including tickets to Legoland , the hotel is beautiful ,very luxurious , spotlessly clean ,our rooms were spacious and immaculate ,not a thing out of place , we had an amazing night sleep and the staff all friendly and helpful nothing was a problem , breakfast was delicious lots of choice , we were supposed to go home on Sunday but we had such an amazing time we booked an extra night , I couldn't recommend this hotel enough , we stayed in 133 and 134 ,

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank samgarrystevens
Irina G, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Basingstoke, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Dear Sam,

Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Basingstoke for your recent stay. We have read your comments about our hotel and we greatly appreciate that you took the time to write them as our guest’s satisfaction is our main priority.

Your praise lets us know we're doing our job! Our staff is very much dedicated to provide exceptional customer service for every guest, every time and I am happy to hear that we have succeeded in your case.

It was a pleasure to have you and your family as our guests.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your collaboration and we hope to see you again soon at Crowne Plaza Basingstoke.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

What a great place to stay...so efficient, with everything you could want, some nice touches too, toiletries, water, sleep spray etc. I've paid a lot more for a lot less!
Stylish hotel with good customer service.

Room Tip: Ground floor have the refurbished rooms.
Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Irina G, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Basingstoke, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Dear Smileygirl1968,

Thank you fort taking the time to review your recent stay with us at Crowne Plaza Basingstoke.

I appreciate your positive feedback about our hotel. We do take pride in catering to our guests' needs the best way we can and I am delighted to read that we have succeeded in your case.

Your praise lets us know we're doing our job! Our staff is very much dedicated to providing exceptional customer service for every guest, every time.

We can't wait to host you again soon for another amazing experience!

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Located directly at a major road.
Small rooms.
Hairs of former guests left in bathroom and bed.
Very unfriendly policy regarding early check inn our late check out (20£ for 90 minutes) even for gold members.
Good breakfast.
All in all the hotel, seems more like a better motel.
Not what I usually expect from this chain - it's below the standard of other crowns plazas.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Irina G, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Basingstoke, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Dear Carlo82,

Thank you very much for your candid review of your recent stay with us at Crowne Plaza Basingstoke.

Your feedback is extremely valuable to us as we strive to improve with each and every stay.
Thank you for bringing the cleanliness of your bathroom to our attention, first & foremost I want to sincerely apologise for this. It is very unusual for us, however, human errors do happen, and I have brought your experience to the attention of our housekeeping team.

In regards to our early check-in and check-out policies additional charged do apply outside of our official check in time, which is 3pm. Those policies are clearly stated in our Terms & Conditions, which is displayed during each reservation process. As a Gold member of IHG one of your benefits is however late check out, which can be up to 2pm depending on hotel's availability.

Nevertheless, this should not take away from your negative experience with us and therefore I would like to extend an invitation to you to stay with us the next time your travel should bring you to Basingstoke. Please be kind enough to contact me directly at gsm@cpbasingstoke.co.uk and I will personally ensure that your next stay with us is more memorable.

I look forward to hearing from you and look forward to welcoming you back to Crowne Plaza Basingstoke.