“Fabulous food”
Review of Siam Balcony Thai Restaurant - CLOSED

Siam Balcony Thai Restaurant
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Siam Balcony Restaurant opened in summer of 2012 located on Lee Lane, Horwich serving authentic Thai food created by our expert chefs with the experienced of five stars hotel in Thailand, we delivered the highest standard of quality with the finest ingredient to bring out the real taste of Thai Cuisine and legendary service of Thai hospitality staffs. The extensive A La Carte Menu offers a selection of the finest dishes from all over Thailand prepared just as they were meant to be enjoyed throughout the ages. Siam Balcony is the true celebration sense perfect location for any occasion with variety of set meal.
Reviewed 4 August 2013

We were looking for a new Thai restaurant after the Siam Hilton closed and this one came up on Google. The Tripadvisor reviews were good so we decided to try it. It is more expensive than the Siam Hilton used to be but the food was excellent. There wasn't a huge choice of wine and it was a bit pricey. The kitchen is open and you can see the food being prepared. Imagine our surprise when we saw one of the cooks was Noi, the lady who owned the Siam Hilton! It was lovely to see her again and we complimented her on the cooking. We will be going back there for a regular "Thai fix".

Reviewed 19 July 2013

Thom (front of house) and Big (the chef) run a delightful restaurant serving the best, authentic, Thai food outside Thailand! (I have visited most regions of Thailand many times over 20 years.)
Their food is so good that my wife and I have travelled from North of Lancaster on several occasions because we enjoy it so much more than the local offerings (by local I include several Thai restaurants within 30 miles).
My wife regularly cooks Thai food at home but can not match Big's Phad Thai, which is sublime!
I thoroughly recommend this restaurant to anyone who enjoys fine Thai cuisine.

Reviewed 22 June 2013 via mobile

I know you can eat cheaper Thai food that this restaurant but I doubt you can find better in the whole of the North West.

Good meat and fish, fresh veg and tasty sauces, soups etc etc, with wonderfully attentive staff. I can't really do it justice in words - if you like Thai food you're bound to like this - we're already planning to go back.

Reviewed 15 June 2013 via mobile

We love this place!! The food is so delicious, we have been 4 times and its perfect every time, we have reccomended it to several friends who have all been delighted!
The staff are so lovely and attentive, the place has a lovely atmosphere and we will be back soon!

Reviewed 1 June 2013

Made our 2nd visit to this restaurant this week and, again, left very impressed. It's a attractive place where the welcome and service are first class. The menu is extensive and the thing that impressed us most was that they listen to what you ask for.

My wife and I like extremely spicy food but, despite asking, most places just will not make it hot enough. This was not the case at Siam Balcony and we got the desired burn!! We shared a laab to start (spicy pork mince salad from the north of Thailand I believe) and than 2 excellent main courses.

My only concern (and the reason a 5 wasn't awarded) is that I feel the prices a little too high for a place like Horwich. They're very similar to Manchester levels (main courses up to £16 and Carlsberg at £4.20 per pint) and may be they need to look at that to ensure high throughput.

Other than that, we had a lovely evening and our next visit will be very soon.