All reviews quiet location outdoor pool white towels cooked breakfast in the morning bit dated clean bedding creaky floorboards full english breakfast budget chain arrived promptly stayed two nights priced hotel would stay again would recommend this hotel to anyone breakfast was included luxury hotel nice size
Reviewed 24 November 2017

Just checked out and had to write a quick note to compliment the staff at the hotel - really refreshing to get such a personal service and warm welcome. Breakfast was lovely, had a wonderfully hot powerful shower to start the day and asked at all points if all was well etc. Beautiful view out the window too, sun rising over the trees.

Great value.

PS. The buttered mushrooms for my brekkie were just yum!!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Emma W
Iffy U, Front Office Manager at Regency Hotel Gatwick, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2017

Dear Emma W,

Thank you so much for your a sweet review. I’m very happy to learn that you enjoyed the breakfast here. We have a small team of breakfast cooks who are enthusiastic about making sure you start your day with a filling meal.

I'm so glad that you enjoyed the views around our hotel, and I'm glad you had a beautiful start to your day.

I'll pass on your words about the mushrooms, this comment made our day.

Please contact us on 01293 887 433 the next time you are in the area.

Kindest rgeards

Reviewed 21 November 2017

Stayed for 1 night due to picking up family from Gatwick.

Nice and quiet, room fine, bed fine, hot shower, breakfast fine, staff friendly and helpful, no problems parking, WIFI strong all round property, less than 10 minutes to Gatwick, small bar but enough choice, family run rather than a soulless chain

Overall good value for money, perfect for a 1 night stopover, would stay again.

Being abit picky.....decoration wise it looks a little tired / dated, shower cubicle a snug fit (i'm not fat!), cleanliness could be better in room, could hear Mr snorey head in the room above, lose the pool or get a cover as it looks awful

Room Tip: ground floor near reception
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank stressball27

Dear stressball27

I’m pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at the Regency Hotel Gatwick.

We have a small team of experienced hoteliers here, who just want to make your feel like you are at home. Thank you for your kind words, I will be sure to pass on your comments.

Thank you for your feedback, your comments will be taken into account. We are closing for the holidays, and this will give us the opportunity to revamp the decor, look at bathroom layouts, and we are currently working with the housekeepers to go further with our cleaning. We are looking at improving the exterior of the hotel too.

Thank you for your review. I hope you will visit us in the New Year and see the changes we've made. Please contact us on 01293 887 433 the next time you are in the area.

Kidnest regards

Reviewed 13 November 2017

Stayed here for work and I can honestly say it was worth every penny.

To start off with, all the staff here are lovely and willing to tend to any requests. I consider myself a picky eater and despite this, they were able to cater to my very specific requirements for breakfast. There are a range of things available for dinner - all very enjoyable.

My room was great with a lovely bathroom and a nice powered shower for a change. The bed in the double room was LARGE and comfortable. The room was warm, clean and quiet.

I can't believe the price I paid to stay in this place because the service and amenities are better than some 4-5* hotels I have stayed in!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Iffy U, Front Office Manager at Regency Hotel Gatwick, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2017

Dear Grace B,

Thank you so much for your kind words, I will pass your compliments to the rest of the team.

It is very rewarding for us to learn you enjoyed breakfast and dinner here, we were more than happy to meet your breakfast specifications. I am also happy to know that the room was to your liking.

Next time you are in the area please contact us directly on 01293 887 433 to make your booking.

Kindest regards

Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

They must write their own reviews! When we stayed here the manager "strongly advised" us not to use the pool. That was 8 july. There were cigarette butts all around the pool area and a frog lived in the pool! Hard to believe that someone from Miami would find it pleasent in any way. (Refering to an earlier review, july 3.) The manager very rude! The staff very nice.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank FrequentFlier728168
Iffy U, Front Office Manager at Regency Hotel Gatwick, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2017

Dear anonymous

I’m sorry to learn that your didn’t enjoy your stay here at the Regency Hotel Gatwick.

If there is anything you would like to discuss please email me on regencyhotel@hotmail.co.uk

Sincerely Yours

Reviewed 14 October 2017

Stayed two nights while visiting family in the south. Picturesque hotel, comfortable, quiet, reasonably priced and superb service. Lovely rooms, clean, and well-stocked with those things that some of the big chains have stopped providing, such as a toiletries basket and tea, coffee and biscuits. Decent sized room, one of the nicest we've stayed in, with chairs and a desk, plenty of room in a proper wardrobe, lovely ensuite spotlessly clean, fluffy white towels...even a spare pillow that usually you have to ask for. Comfortable beds. Easy free parking. Breakfast was lovely - full English included with plenty of coffee, juice, cereals, toast, spreads, fruit, yogurts.....we were spoilt and Sonia couldn't do enough for us. If I had to make any suggestions they would be minor - we were travelling down after work from Gainsborough and got stuck on the motorway, check in stops at 11pm but we just made it, but we called ahead and Sonia was very accommodating. And maybe breakfast could be a little later- we like a lie-in at the weekend! But we would definitely come again and recommend the Regency wholeheartedly.

Room Tip: No lift so wheelchairs best on ground floor.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cherylfel

Dear cherylfel

We have an experienced team of housekeepers here who work very hard to maintain the cleanliness of the rooms. It’s great for us to hear that your liked your accommodation.

Your comments have been taken into account, and your kind words will be passed onto Sonia.

Please contact me on 01293 887 433 when you are next staying in the area and we will do our very best to look after you.

Kindest regards