“Great breakfast before an early flight”

Jamie's Italian in Gatwick
Ranked #124 of 286 Restaurants in Crawley
Price range: US$ 12 - US$ 26
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: JAMIE’S ITALIAN Jamie’s Italian is a contemporary and informal restaurant with a menu that reflects Jamie Oliver’s passion for authentic Italian cooking, delivered with his own unique twist on classic recipes. Beautiful rustic dishes are created using carefully sourced, higher-welfare ingredients for the best flavour, but still at great value. This is a relaxed, affordable and accessible environment where the style, atmosphere and menu can be easily adapted to suit any occasion. KNOWN FOR Child friendly; great value, quick lunch; special occasions; group bookings, party planning.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I was catching a flight at 06.45 this morning from the North Terminal and wanted a hot breakfast before flying.
This restaurant offers a full breakfast menu with everything you could want from full breakfasts to breakfast sandwiches and also healthier options like muesli and porridge.
My daughter had avocado on toast which she said was very good and I had pancakes with a blueberry compote which were also very good. The coffee was good too as was the orange juice.
Service was friendly and professional and I particularly liked the way they asked us how much time we had as the kitchen was busy and so it could take 10 or 15 minutes for our food to arrive. I thought this was a very good thing for them to do so that expectations were set.
I would definitely use this place again and would highly recommend it.

Jamie's Italian R, Manager at Jamie's Italian in Gatwick, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time you write your fantastic review following your recent visit with us here at Jamie's Italian, Gatwick. I am glad to hear that you received the service and quality that we are renowned for, and thoroughly enjoyed a delicious breakfast before your flight! I will definitely pass this onto the rest of our team! We hope to see you again when you are next travelling via Gatwick!

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I have never eaten in a Jamie Oliver restaurant before so I was so disappointed with this one. We stopped in here before our early morning flight. We both ordered the full English as we wouldn’t be eating again until later on that day. I have never experienced breakfast in a pan before and will probably never again. Everything was stuck to the bottom of the pan, hence burnt and under cooked on the top. There was so much grease which you know you are going to encounter some but not this much. It all tasted burnt and of the grease. Although early in the morning, the waiter was in so much of a hurry (it was not busy)and everything seemed rushed. We paid our bill and left only to realise seconds later that we had left the bottle of water we had just purchased on the table. Hubby returned and it wasn’t there. As we had only just purchased it we asked the waiter what he could do and he didn’t believe us which was a little humiliating until a waiter came up with a smile (first one we had seen) and gave him a fresh bottle. I won’t be returning to this restaurant!

Thank you for taking the time to write your feedback following your recent dining experience with us here at Jamie's Italian, Gatwick. I am sorry that the experience was not of the high standards that it should have been, and have ensured that your feedback has been passed onto our General Manager and Our Head Chef. Our senior chefs will continue top monitor and quality control all meals leaving the kitchen, and to ensure that each and every meal is prepared, cooked and served to the highest standards for our guests' full enjoyment. I am sorry you didn't enjoy this in the skillet we freshly prepare each breakfast in and will ensure the senior chefs make sure they are sealed so that food does not become stuck when cooking. I would also like to apologise for the embarrassment you were under when coming back for the water you purchased and have asked our servers to ensure they mark left water bottles with the table number so of a guest returns it can be given without any issues. If you wish to discuss this any further then please contact me at louise.baxter@jamiesitalian.com, quoting your screen name and I would be more than happy to look into it for you

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Great service, great muffin – perfect snack at the airport pre the flight – the restaurant section was packed to the gunnels but the funky café bit was nice and quiet. The pastries look amazing as well

Thank you for taking the time you write your fantastic review following your recent visit with us here at Jamie's Italian, Gatwick. I am glad to hear that you received the service and quality that we are renowned for, and enjoyed one of our delicious muffins! I am sorry the restaurant was too busy for you to be able to dine in with us, but we do hope you will have the opportunity when you are next travelling via Gatwick!

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Stopped here for breakfast before our flight. Waiter did not seem that bothered, as he did not write down the order. We ordered two, sausage and egg baps.after the wait. The food arrived. I was in complete shock as our local cafe serves much better food! On the plate was a dry Brioche roll with one and a half sausages cut up.
We ordered the two sausage and egg baps, two coffees and a elderflower cordial. It came to just over £30.00. Never again will I attempt to walk through Jaimie’s Italian again.

Thank you for taking the time to write your feedback following your recent dining experience with us here at Jamie's Italian, Gatwick. I am sorry that the experience was not of the high standards that it should have been, and have ensured that your feedback has been passed onto our General Manager and Our Head Chef. Our senior chefs will continue top monitor and quality control all meals leaving the kitchen, and to ensure that each and every meal is prepared, cooked and served to the highest standards for our guests' full enjoyment. In addition I reminded all of our serves the importance of fast, courteous and efficient service at all times! If you wish to discuss this any further then please contact me at louise.baxter@jamiesitalian.com, quoting your screen name and I would be more than happy to look into it for you

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Just had breakfast before a flight. I have to say that the service was very attentive. I didn’t want black pudding so i was offered something else instead.
A good test is how well the eggs are cooked and my over easy eggs were perfect.
My black Americano was much better than Starbucks.
Jamie may have had a bit of flack recently but i think the Gatwick JI is just what we wanted and looking around, everyone looked happy.
My waitress Gosia went out of her way to be helpful.

Jamie's Italian R, Manager at Jamie's Italian in Gatwick, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time you write your fantastic review following your recent visit with us here at Jamie's Italian, Gatwick. I am glad to hear that you received the service and quality that we are renowned for, and thoroughly enjoyed your breakfast before your flight and our delicious kimbo coffee before your flight! I will definitely pass this onto the rest of our team, and more specifically onto Gosia herself! We hope to see you again when you are next travelling via Gatwick!