All reviews the pub portions are huge full english ironbridge museums leave the car friendly member of staff lamb shank varied menu family meal set you up for the day evening meal only criticism blists hill tea and coffee food was lovely lovely room family room
Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

Had a lovely family meal here on a warm Sunday afternoon. The food was delicious in particular the lamb shank, which just fell off the bone. The portion sizes really are huge though which does feel a little wasteful as it is impossible to eat a full meal. My only criticism really was that our table was located in front of the walkway to the disabled toilet in the conservatory meaning that we had to move should someone want to use it and certainly didn’t feel accessible!
Overall a lovely visit and would recommend for a lovely fresh family meal

Stayed: August 2018
Reviewed 1 August 2018 via mobile

Amazing food. Really hot and big portions. Staff were really polite and helpful. Will definitely return thankyou. Been looking for a decent pub for ages. Kids play area is an extra bonus my little boy loved it

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 July 2018 via mobile

Myself and my partner came for dinner on a Wednesday evening. With it being hot I fancied something lighter so ordered Salmon with red Thai sauce with new potatoes and veg. My partner had duck sizzler. When mine arrived there was loads of sauce! I started eating it and the salmon was burnt on both sides, the veg were all soggy and been cooked within an inch of their lives. The duck sizzler was ok but the meat very dry. A waiter, who looked about 12, asked if everything was ok? At this point I’d stopped eating it after a few mouthfuls. I said it was terrible. He said I’ll see the manager. After a short while our plates were taken away. When I went to settle up I was told I had to pay for the whole meal as manager wasn’t there so couldn’t get a discount. I begrudgingly paid but wasn’t happy. It’s safe to say it’s the worst meal out I’ve ever had and definitely won’t be returning. Customer service was shocking. I know it’s a popular place but food is very, very ordinary on previous visits too. I won’t be going again.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jonessteven7
Reviewed 3 April 2018

Lovely room, good shower but the temperature was hard to get right, one minute cold next boiling hot. Very clean, tea tray was plentiful that included hot choc, coffees and tea and biscuits. Bed was comfortable with good pillows. lovely towels.
The downside was the steps leading up to room, not good when wet as they are quite steep and I was scared of slipping. The noise of the pub on our last night was awful, lots of shouting and kids screaming in the pubs play park which is just outside the rooms doors. People standing underneath our rooms window smoking and shouting. We understood it was a pub when we booked but didn’t expect that much noise. The WiFi was rubbish, fine downstairs in the pub but No signal in the room. That was very disappointing.
Ending on a possitive note, the breakfast was good, the staff very friendly and plenty of room for parking. Would we stay again, maybe !!! midweek and out of season.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Terri W
Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

Fab place to stay. Cant fault it in anyway. Friendly people, great service, lovely room and great food - Generous portions, breakfast was also very good. Room was clean and very comfortable with views of the river.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple