1,488 results
All reviews q hotels spa break gorge bar relaxation room breakaway club driving range heated loungers spa facilities sauna and steam room evening meal light lunch ironbridge gorge main restaurant restaurant staff reception staff bar area both nights
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Me and my wife came for a night away in Telford we were recommend here by a few friends who have stayed before so we decided to book a room.
After our stay i will now recommed this hotel to anyone who decides to visit Telford!
It 5 minutes drive from ironbridge and 10 from telford town. On arrival we were met by a bubbly and chatty receptionist Gemma we had no reservation and then she realised we had booked our reservation for the following day. she was so kind to change this for us and also offered if we would like a half price upgrade which we were so grateful for we took her up on the offer and was given the most gorgeous room ever!! She is a credit to the hotel we were made to feel comfortable and at home as soon as we walked through the door. We didnt want to eat in the hotel so she recommend a lot of places out we settles for the Woodbridge and certainly wasnt disappointed.
The spa facilites are the best we have visited and also so clean and looked after.
Drinks are a little expensive but we expected this.
We will be coming back to Telford and brining the Family

Room Tip: Darby House rooms
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
BrettD960, General Manager at Telford Hotel & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Trip Advisor Reviewer

Thank you for staying with is at Telford Hotel and Golf Resort and for taking the time to share your feedback with other travellers. I am delighted that Gemma has had an impact on your stay and I will take great pleasure in sharing your feedback with her. I will ensure she is recognised for her efforts and her example is used with other team members.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future and please feel free to contact us directly so we can personally oversee your time with us.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Arrived at 1am exhausted and hungry, Nick and Adam were very accommodating and went the extra mile by making my colleague and I some food as room service had ended! Lovely room and comfy beds. Thankyou!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business

Dear Trip Advisor Reviewer

Thank you for staying with is at Telford Hotel and Golf Resort and for taking the time to share your feedback with other travellers. I am delighted that Nick and Adam had an impact on your stay and I will take great pleasure in sharing your feedback with them.

I will ensure they are recognised for their efforts and their example is used with other team members.

Reviewed 12 September 2018

Stay for two day conference and very impressed with service and quality of the facilities.Good buffet breakfast and lunch in the main restaurant. The room was comfortable with good bathroom. Enjoyed the excellent Spa and pool - good size for a hotel and steam room and sauna was great to relax after the meetings. Lovely views down the gorge and looks lovely for golf but we did not have time.

Room Tip: ask for room at back of the hotel as look down the valley and woods so quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank ROGER B

Dear Trip Advisor Reviewer

Thank you for staying with is at Telford Hotel and Golf Resort and for taking the time to share your feedback with other travellers. I am delighted enjoyed your time with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Please feel free to contact us directly so we can personally oversee your time with us.

Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

I would recommend this hotel to everyone. Spa brilliant treatments fab. Service great and food lovely. We had a great time. Don't hesitate to book well worth the money. Rooms big and very clean. Staff very helpful.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Trip Advisor Reviewer

Please feel free to contact us directly so we can personally oversee your time with us and also consider the other properties in our portfolio.

Reviewed 6 September 2018 via mobile

Room was fine although the safe was unusable. Reported twice with no result. Then told it would be replaced no result. Staff couldn't care less. Drinks cost exorbitant. Organisation of public areas dreadful. Don't expect us back.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank judow2

Dear Trip Advisor Reviewer

Thank you for staying with is at Telford Hotel and Golf Resort and I am sorry your stay with us was not what you or we would wish for. I am disappointed to read that the team did not come across as caring as this is certainly not the culture we aspire and promote at the hotel. I will discuss this with all of the team to ensure they understand the importance of consistently conveying genuine care and attention for all our customers. It is equally important that this care and attention comes through in the follow through when things are not as a guest would want.

I am sorry you feel you will not be returning and if there is anything I can do to change this please feel free to contact me on the e mail below.