All reviews train station a couple of minutes walk beans car parking is breakfast was included first floor saturday night the breakfast area budget hotel room key stayed here for one night double bed room was spotless yogurt hie
Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

1. Looks like a derelict building from the outside.
2. The Entrance is not well sign posted.
3. Only one lift working (I was on the 5th floor)
4. Hotel Renovations going on so a lot of builders around and they do not give the customer the right of way.
5. I was in the lift heading to ground level when a builder with a big Trolley of old rolled up carpet entered the lift pushing me into the corner, it was the builder giving me a long metal pole to hold saying “here hold this” that annoyed me.
6. However I will give the Hotel credit the two ladies on reception were very pleasant and the room I was given was actually very nice and newly decorated.
7. Perfectly located in the town centre.

If I was to provide some advice for management, please ensure the Head Builder provides his/her team with customer service training, as although it’s an outsourced building company that are doing the refurb they are upsetting your customers.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jaydl1977
Reviewed 15 June 2018

Stayed here for 4 nights, the room was comfortable. but thats it.Only one lift working so the wait was ages for a lift.
breakfast was ok but always luke warm.
Dinner was a joke..every night I had to wait ages to get my meal, not enough staff, even allowing for bus trips making the hotel busy. A boring menu and pretty much boring food. In the end I ate out at Weatherspoons round the corner. It is a building site with lots of noise,I will not stop here again.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Sam B, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Swindon City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2018

Hi Michael J

Thank you for your candid response. We apologize that your recent stay did not meet expectations. Please bear with us whilst we're not looking at our best.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 14 June 2018

Great hotel currently undergoing refurbishment so does have a couple of minor issues until the works are complete. There are two lifts at the hotel with one put aside for the builders carrying out the works and the lights did not fully work in the other and a couple of times it stopped completely.
The newly refurbished rooms are great. Spacious, clean and comfortable.
The breakfast was fantastic. All self service but the food was kept topped up and hot.
The evening meals were a bit less special. The food was ok but it was more like a cafeteria than a restaurant, but as I say it was acceptable.

One great point was the staff. Always friendly and attentive. A++++ for the staff.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Sam B, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Swindon City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2018

Hi Martin J

Thank you very much for your positive comments. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your two weeks with us so much. It's something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback. We hope you will visit us again in the future.

Thanks again.

Reviewed 1 June 2018

Stayed just the one night mid week for business.

Now, what they didn't tell me on their website was the fact that the entire hotel was undergoing renovations. ANNOYING. Hotel website told me there was car parking. There wasn't. VERY ANNOYING. I had to park offsite and pay. Had I been pre warned I wouldn't have booked.

The hotel is not well situated for drop offs/check in then moving your vehicle. Its inconvenient. but they don't tell you that. I believe the renovations were going on for some time. Probably still going on now!

Anyways, the room was comfortable. Big enough. good bathroom and shower. A little noise from the corridor. Not the quietest night I've had.

Breakfast - well it was typical fair. Not impressed with the scrambled eggs. probably powdered. All self service, plenty of it.

Staff were pleasant if not having English as their first language. Typical these days. Hotel chains paying less and only managing to recruit EU nationals.

On the whole nothing more than mediocre. I've had better experiences in a travel lodge for less money.

Would I return. Only when the building works are complete and only if I had to.

Would I recommend? Probably not.

Room Tip: Don't stay until the building works are complete and parking is available.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Sam B, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Swindon City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2018

Hi MITCHPL

Thank you for your candid response. It's regrettable that your recent stay did not meet expectations.

Kind regards,

Sam

Reviewed 16 May 2018

I am one of the regulars here. I have been staying at this hotel since 2014. I keep coming back because the staff in all areas of this hotel are outstanding. The Hotel is under major refurbishment but this has been managed in a most unobtrusive way. Two floors have had a substantial make over with these rooms now at a standard higher than the cost-base at this Hotel and others in the area. This hotel represents exceptional value and deserves praise just for the incredible attitude and unfailing helpfulness of all staff, let alone the investment that is being undertaken and which will when completed make this probably the best hotel in Swindon. Your efforts are really appreciated particularly by your regular guests. Thank you All.

Room Tip: Most hotels say if you need anything just ask here they really mean it.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Sam B, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Swindon City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2018

Hi Malcolm C

Thank you very much for another positive review of our hotel. It's something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your comments!

See you soon.