All reviews swimming pool small gym coate water lady on reception sun inn family room evening meal waiting staff bit dated poached eggs the ground floor bar area coach trip comfortable stay short break plenty of parking tea and coffee
Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

We went to meet relatives who were visiting from the States and staying at the Holiday Inn near Coate Water.
Unbeknown to all of us, there is camera photographing you entering the property and leaving and, unless you register your car, you subsequently receive a £100 Parking fine in the post!
When I called to check on this, I was advised that there are signs alerting visitors but none of us noticed the signs and all of us were fined.
In my case, the reception wrote to the Parking Company to cancel my fine but I know other relatives paid it.
The final insult is that every phone call I made to the Hotel to speak to my relatives or to query the Parking fine was charged at a special rate which was not included in my all inclusive mobile package. So an additional charge of around £5 was added to my mobile bill this month? They are even making money on phone calls to the hotel!
Disgraceful practices - I won’t be going there again.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 1 July 2018 via mobile

The check-in was amazing, the lady that checked us in was bubbly, kind and took the time to even talk to my 18mth old son. Fantastic!

The customer service was appalling there after. 11:30, I asked for a glass of red wine, only to be told to ask reception, as they make that decision. Only to be told exactly the opposite.

Who, out of all the staff here tell the truth? An absolute shambles!

So in all we can be provided a beer at best, but wine will only be distributed by the bottle.

I have stayed I holiday inns, monthly, for years. No more, this place is a joke

Trip type: Travelled with family
HI-Swindon, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Swindon, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2018

Dear Fiat123,

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn and for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience at Holiday Inn SWINDON.

I would like to start by apologising to you for not meeting your expectations. We strive to make each stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible, and we will use your comments to coach our team in order to provide a better experience in the future.

I am glad that you found the staff pleasant at the reception. I hope you will give us a chance by staying with us again to show you that your unsatisfactory stay was an exception.

Again, thank you for sharing your comments, and if I can be of assistance to you, please contact me directly at 01793817000 or foh@hiswindonhotel.co.uk.

Reviewed 27 June 2018

As a big fan of the services that Holiday Inns generally offer, I was very disappointed by the Swindon Branch. I attended a meeting at their hotel and after leaving, I was issued with a £100 parking find for parking in their customer parking. There were no visible signs for the parking that I was aware of (something I keep an eye out for) and at no point was I made aware of the parking situation by the staff. I sent an email to the general manager of the Swindon branch and, rudely, have not received a reply, which I find shocking, as parking fines are a very time sensitive matter!

This is not the kind of service that I expect as a loyal customer to the Holiday Inn.

Room tip: Don't expect any help from the staff or manager!
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear O_White03,

I would like to start by apologizing to you for not meeting your expectations. We strive to make each stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible, and we will use your comments to coach our team in order to provide a better experience in the future.

Reviewed 20 June 2018

strayed here a couple of times, staff are so very friendly and efficient and do anything the can to help. parking is free which is the way it should be - WiFi sometime difficult to connect overall 8/10 - well done

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Holiday Inn Swindon. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. I am glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us. We use feedback, such as yours, to continuously make changes to our brand to improve the guest experience and we also feed this back to our staff. We look forward to welcoming you back to HI Swindon soon.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 26 May 2018

Check-in was easy the only Problem is that the hotel has 2 floors but no lift. We had 6 pieces of luggage. Reception did ask if we needed help but we managed ourselves.
The rooms are quite small and the bathrooms even smaller(newly renovated).
Switching on the TV were surprised to only have BBC, BBC2, ITV and CGTV plus 1 French Channel. On asking the next morning we’re told the engineer is just fixing it.
Well the next day he was still fixing it. Welcome to the dark ages of TV(the 60ˋs and 70ˋs) On a plus side the breakfast was very good well laid out and with lots to choose from. The staff were friendly especially the „wee Scottish lady“

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple