All reviews swimming pool small gym family room shower room lady on reception sun inn evening meal waiting staff bit dated poached eggs the ground floor bar area coach trip car park comfortable stay short break plenty of parking
Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

The staff were friendly but I had no WiFi, I had no 3G, but the I.T support sent me an email about my problems but surprisingly I couldn’t open it (a joke).I had to go to reception at least 3 times to reactivate my key cards as they wouldn’t let me in my room,and they wasn’t anywhere near my phone as they kept suggesting. Very very poor lighting in my room (lamps only). The bed sheet was only laid on top of the bed as it wasn’t wide enough to tuck in and hence kept moving all night revealing a bare mattress to lay on. (disgusting) And to top it all off my very noisy neighbours were slamming doors and shouting to each other in the corridor at 5am, although that wasn’t the hotels fault!!. I wouldn’t stay hear again if it was free and as an IHG member has put doubt over my future stays at this chain of hotels.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Samir S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Swindon, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Holiday Inn Swindon.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. We use feedback, such as yours, to continuously make changes to our brand to improve the guest experience and we also feed this back to our staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back to HI Swindon soon.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 14 January 2018

The room was OK. Found the bed hard and a constant dripping noise from outside. I did at one stage contemplate going down stairs and asking to switch rooms. Also the food in the evening was cold and I did inform the waitress of this . I would stay again but I would not use the same room and probably eat out. Sorry.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Samir S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Swindon, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2018

Dear Mr. Steven,

Thank you for staying with us and for bringing your concern to our attention. I’m very sorry to hear about your experience on your recent stay, particularly your interaction with the hotel staff. I would like to address this with you further.

Should you wish to contact me directly my email address is foh@hiswindonhotel.co.uk if you wish to discuss the matter forward.

Again, thank you for staying with us and our apologies for the shortfalls.

Reviewed 9 January 2018

Access was a little confusing re a closure of one area
Reception good
Room fine
a little tight for three people
the new bathrooms are well done but access to these is a little tight
noisy - hearing all people passing and banging the fire door near our room.
But we were out and back later so didnt actually disturb our sleep. Shame the bar doesnt chekc their sodas- the lemonade had no syrup in it - was just like soda water.
also not very manouverable - it was 1105 and we were turned away re food and others were turned away re a coffee!! closing at 11 . the room food 24hr is very restricted - so late arrivals not much hope.
Good sleep ok stay - thank you

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Samir S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Swindon, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2018

Dear Guest,

We look forward to welcoming you back to HI Swindon soon.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 8 January 2018

Check In and Out was fast & simple. Staff were friendly and polite. Room was clean and tidy. Bed was comfortable. Didn't use the restaurant, as I had a pre-arranged dinner elsewhere and checked out on a Saturday shortly before breakfast was available, so can't comment on the food, sorry.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

I really appreciate your positive feedback about our hotel. We do take pride in catering to our guests’ needs the best way we can.

It is only possible through feedback such as yours that we are best able to direct our efforts.

Thank you for staying and we look forward to welcoming you back in our hotel very soon!

Best regards,

Reviewed 8 January 2018

A warm welcome awaits you every time you arrive from all the management and staff the hotel is nice and relaxing and also has the pool gym and sauna the rooms are large and you get free WiFi it’s a great place to stay

Room Tip: Perfect big tv big room great shower very warm with full air con and big comfy bed
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business

Dear Mr. Roy,

I would like to sincerely thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful detailed review.

I am very pleased to hear about your experience at Holiday Inn Swindon, particularly with regards to our Guest service.

It is also a pleasure to read that our staff made such an impact during your stay!.

We try to personalize each and every stay, and this is only possible by really believing you are a guest in our own home.

Thank you for choosing us, and for allowing our dedicated teams to delight you during your stay with us!

We really look forward to welcoming you back.

With kindest regards,