2,600 results
All reviews italian restaurant pizza hut club room victory pub bowling alley upper deck laser quest ice rink leisure park ten pin bowling leisure facilities swimming pool coffee machine great facilities sauna and steam room self service lovely hotel
Reviewed 3 February 2016

Stayed in the Coventry location recently @ full price - saw an advert on the website for a reduced £20 stay. Quickly booked this, absolutely superb again. The rooms are magnificent - I didn't take advantage of the sports equipment this time, but will on my next stay back in Coventry as per the deal next month. Very cumfy bed, massive tv, superb shower, and great sleep quality. Friendly staff.

* Sidenote - to the " person " below who has rated this 3/5 who managed to get a £20 deal, shame on you. Most places these days cost £45, don't have a swimming pool / gym / free parking. Think before you damage a company's business with such a poor review.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
Andrew S, General Manager at Village Hotel Swindon, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2016

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review and for your support and loyalty to our business. I'm really pleased that you enjoyed your visits both to Coventry and Swindon and that you will be staying in Coventry again next month. Whilst we do have offers available throughout the year I can assure all guests that it is our fundamental priority to ensure every guest has a great stay and we have a great welcome waiting for everyone.
Best regards

Reviewed 3 February 2016

We have stayed here before and would recommend up grading to upper deck rooms well worth the extra money.Facilitys are very good . The location is good with tenpin bowling cinema and pizza restaurant 5 min walk.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your 5 star review.
Our location is perfect, especially if you are staying with your family as we have a bowling alley, cinema and laser quest within walking distance of the hotel. The Swindon Designer Outlet is only a 10 minute drive away with the Cotswolds and Somerset also within easy reach.

Reviewed 3 February 2016

With any hotel ease of parking is generally important. This hotel had plenty of parking outside the premises. The check in was quick and easy. Our bedroom was large and well equipped even though, as in many hotels, the lighting was not the best for reading.

The bed was large. My wife found it comfortable but I didn't. We were not distracted by any noise during the night. The bathroom had a bath with shower and was a reasonable size.The hotel has a restaurant, a bar and a coffee shop.

The only thing that really let the hotel down was the restaurant. The food was fine but the staff didn't really know what they were doing. After our main meal we ordered dessert and coffee/tea. We got the
drinks after a bit of a wait but they forgot the dessert completely.

The hotel is on a large site with other eating establishments close by. If we stayed again we would eat at one of those.

There was also a leisure centre in the hotel. This was fine but the pool is a little small. There are lockers and towels are provided.

Room Tip: Rooms classed as upper level are large, approx. 5M x 7M. There is a star above the room number.

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. Whilst pleased that you enjoyed your overall stay I am sorry that your restaurant experience was questionable - I will be sharing your feedback with our Restaurant Manager in due course. I do hope that, on reflection, you will continue to stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Best regards

Reviewed 3 February 2016

More of a business hotel than a Lesuire hotel.
Great Breakfast defiantly best breakfast a hotel has offered!
Wouldn't choose the Upperdeck on next visit,
would have been nice for more secure parking..

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review. I am disappointed that you only deemed us a 3 star rating based on your feedback however I am pleased that you had a great breakfast.

Reviewed 2 February 2016

I love Village hotels. The rooms are spacious, modern, comfortable beds. Then you have a decent gym, pool, Starbucks, a pub and a restaurant. There is always plenty of parking space. The Village in Swindon also is in a retail park and there is a Cineworld a few yards away. Also an Indian Restaurant and Bowling Alley. Crossing the main road there is a massive Asda, Domino's pizza, bank..
The only "but" is the WiFi...it is the worst speed I have ever experienced in a hotel. I had to use my iphone as a hotspot over 3G and it was 20 times faster than the hotel's WIFi

Room Tip: Second floor rooms are nicer
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
Andrew S, General Manager at Village Hotel Swindon, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2016

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review. Whilst pleased that you continue to embrace staying at Village Hotels I am sorry and most disappointed that you experienced problems with our WIFI speed. We have recently upgraded our speed to 100 megabytes which is available throughout the hotel for our guests to use complimentary and I will be sharing your feedback with our IT team so that they may check our bandwidth to ensure it is 100% working. I hope you will continue to use Village Hotels in the future.