All reviewsbeanscomplimentary breakfastfree wifiair conexcellent value for moneyself servicerooms were very cleansofa bedwould stay againbudget hotelgood sizeswindon westplenty of parkingstayed here for one nightquiet roomlarge tvgood nights sleep
Reviewed 2 July 2018 via mobile

I decided to take my disabled son to RS Coombe and only booked the room 2-3 days before I needed it, glad to say that an accessible room with wet room shower room was available still.
One comment about this wet room though is that the door threshold is not very gradual and as my son approached it at a good speed the first time the 1" vertical face of the door threshold almost through him out the chair, something to think about for the future maybe IHG.

Also he uses a CPAP device and there are no 240v sockets beside the bed to plug this into, not good, need at least one 240v socket by the bed in an accessible room please.
I was talking to a staff member and their spouse had the same issue whenever they booked rooms. Come on IHG, you have set a good standard for accessible rooms but these little things let it down, as they are important to the people who need these facilities.

Disabled parking was good, although a non disabled BMW driver did park in one bay after getting his takeaway, which he consumed in the dining area too. I noticed the following day he had moved and parked on the pavement rather than in a parking bay. Obviously more concerned about damage to his car than for others needs.

Bed was a bit small for the two of us, I find disabled people often need more space so maybe queen or king sized beds in the room would be better, there appeared to be enough space for such beds, space from door into room past the bed was excellent, so top marks on that score.

Staff were very friendly and helpful.

One staff member even showing my son where the toilets were.
This was a problem though for him to exit as he needed to navigate through two self closing doors and he only has one good arm.
A unisex accessible toilet with a sliding door would be preferable to the current scenario.

We ate in the hotel, i thought the hot wings were expensive for four small spicy chicken wings and a cheesy dip, the New Yorker chicken breast by contrast was good value for money and pleasant to eat.

Breakfast was delicious, my lad commented that it was the best scrambled egg he has had in a long time, for me having Sausages with flavour (Cumberland) was a first in a HIE hotel and long shall it remain so, I hope this is the standard now, bacon was also good.

Breakfast staff were great.
The only downer for breakfast was the Apple juice, which tasted as though it had been watered down by about 50%,
As we both prefer Apple to orange juice this was our biggest disappointment.

Overall, a great location for our needs and We would stay again.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
SwindonWestManager, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Swindon - West, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2018

Thank you for your comments and feedback on your stay with us, I am pleased to hear that the staff were helpful to you and your son during your stay. We will pass on all comments about the room and your stay to management and we hope you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 2 July 2018

Stay here often , nice clean rooms , good shower , usb charge points and free parking all , what you would expect . The food in the restaurant is poor and if you want to walk to the Beefeater , Costa , Subway then your have a 10 minute walk ahead of you . Staff are always helpful and friendly .

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Sammy509

Thank you for your comments on your stay with us, I am pleased you enjoyed the facilities we provide. However I am sorry to hear you do not enjoyed our evening menu, they do tend to change ever 6 months.

Reviewed 23 June 2018

I like Holiday Inn Express because the standard of room is always good and breakfast is included. This is average for the chain. Would haveen higher if I was not annoyed at the air conditioning trying to really freeze me every time I left the room and came back. Still have not worked out how to keep these refridgerators at bay in Holiday Inn hotels.

Room Tip: Near the lift, corridors are very long
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
SwindonWestManager, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Swindon - West, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2018

Thank you for your comments on your stay with us, I am pleased we met your standards as a Holiday Inn Express. I do however, apologise for air conditioning. We are in the process of getting this resolved.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

Just spent a couple of days at this hotel with my husband who is in a wheelchair. The staff went out of their way to assist in whatever way they could. Flo, the lady in charge at breakfast was superb, she made sure we had all the help that we needed. All the staff there were helpful and chatty. Well done all of you

Stayed: June 2018
SwindonWestManager, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Swindon - West, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

Thank you for your comments on your stay with us, I am pleased you and your husband enjoyed your stay. I will pass on your kind words to Flo and the rest of the team. We hope to see you staying with us again soon.

Reviewed 16 June 2018

I wanted a hotel with an on-site car park, this Holiday inn offers that and my car could be parked very close to the room, ground floor.
Evening food was lovely, suited me a fresh cooked pizza.. other food available!
I thought a large wine for £8 was a bit much but guess that's average for a hotel.
Room was clean, took my Amazon fire stick and that worked fine.
I felt the bedside lights were a bit too bright but not a deal breaker.
Breakfast was ample and bacon baps available!

Did notice the vw workers used the car park during the day as they work next door but at night car park was virtually empty. Hotel based on industrial site and the room I had 43 had no noise.

Will return if work requires.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
SwindonWestManager, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Swindon - West, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2018

Thank you for your comments on your stay with us. I am pleased the facilities we offer matched your needs. We hope you stay with us again soon.