“Excellent Bed and Breakfast”

Jessamine Cottage Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #10 of 44 Swindon B&B and Inns
Reviewed 31 March 2012

My work in Swindon was made very comfortable by a three-night stay at Jessamine Cottage. Sue and Winston, the hosts, were very kind, helpful and attentive; the bedroom was comfortable and the breakfast delicious. The ensuite bathroom was very well appointed, spotlessly clean and the shower, excellent. The fact that it was only a five-minute walk to my place of work was an incidental benefit. If I am sent to Swindon to work again, I will definitely be checking back in to Jessamine Cottage. Thank you, Winston and Sue.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
WinstonandSue, Owner at Jessamine Cottage Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2012

Dear Jakex,

Thank you for taking the time to review Jessamine Cottage. Sue and I are so glad you enjoyed The Queen's Park Room and you enjoyed your stay with us.

We hope you come to Swindon again and look forward to seeing you again.

Kind regards

Sue & Winston

Reviewed 1 March 2012

Winston and Sue are very welcoming and helpful hosts. Room very comfortable and well-equipped. Lovely to have a separate large bathroom that was part of the suite.
I would definitely recommend this B&B for trips to Swindon.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
WinstonandSue, Owner at Jessamine Cottage Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2012

Hi JuliaDevon,

Thank you so much for your most complimentary review. Sue and I really appreciate it when we get great feedback . We both hope you come back to Swindon again soon and stay with us again.

Sue and Winston
Jessamine Cottage

Reviewed 27 November 2011

Jessamine Cottage is simply the best Bed and Breakfast I have stayed in for years. From the professional handling of my initial enquiry to my departure after a sumptuous breakfast two days later, Sue and Winston could not have been more kind, helpful and accommodating. My room and bathroom were immaculately clean and had all the luxuries of a top class hotel - complimentary toiletries, dressing gown, hair dryer, wi-fi, fresh milk for the in-room refreshments, which included a selection of drinks and chocolate bars. I have a bad back and so really appreciated the top quality mattress - I slept like a log, which hardly ever happens. Breakfast was a feast with masses of choice - freshly squeezed juices, cereals, fruit, yoghurts, continental and cooked options (you must try the amazing, locally sourced sausages..) and last, but not least - the delicious homemade bread.
My trip was a business one, so I really appreciated the desk and good light in which to work, in my room, and the peace and quiet of the house. There are a selection of restaurants within easy walking distance of Jessamine Cottage so evening meals are close to hand. Absolutely everything and more that you could hope to find away from home. Many thanks, Sue and Winston, for a lovely stay.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank SpencerSurrey
WinstonandSue, Owner at Jessamine Cottage Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2012

Hi Spencer,

Thank you for a fantastic review. It is so rewarding to get such a positve response. We only recently invested in 'memory foam' mattresses and we have had many complimentary responses about them. We bought a memory foam for our own bed and thought they were so good we just had to get them for all our guests.

Glad you liked the home cooked breakfast. We have just started doing a home cooked evening meal as well so next time hopefully we can offer you a meal here in case you want to have a meal in.

All the best

Winston & Sue

Reviewed 7 October 2011

Jessamine cottage was a pleasant, comfortable place to stay overnight on business. The single bedroom was excellent, with a good desk and powerful shower.
Breakfast was well cooked, with home made bread and a good choice of main courses.
The location is convenient, close to motorways, and near a pub for an evening meal.
In short, a comfortable, convenient stopping place.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank CheshireGenealogist

Dear Cheshire

Thank you for your review. Sue and I are really pleased you liked the room and the shower and of course the breakfast.

We really appeciate you taking the time to review our B&B and we hope you stay with us agin if you come back to Swindon.

Sue and Win

Reviewed 8 September 2011

Highly recommended, the owners are very friendly and couldn't do enough to make my stay enjoyable. Great breakfast and facilities excellent. I will be back here if I ever need to stay in Swindon again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank IanDicker

Hi Ian
Thanks for your kind words. It makes it all worthwhile when we get feedback like yours. We hope you come back to Swindon soon.
Winston & Sue