Jessamine Cottage Bed and Breakfast
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
The Crown Inn(Swindon)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 November 2011

Jessamine Cottage is simply the best Bed and Breakfast I have stayed in for years. From the professional handling of my initial enquiry to my departure after a sumptuous breakfast two days later, Sue and Winston could not have been more kind, helpful and accommodating. My room and bathroom were immaculately clean and had all the luxuries of a top class hotel - complimentary toiletries, dressing gown, hair dryer, wi-fi, fresh milk for the in-room refreshments, which included a selection of drinks and chocolate bars. I have a bad back and so really appreciated the top quality mattress - I slept like a log, which hardly ever happens. Breakfast was a feast with masses of choice - freshly squeezed juices, cereals, fruit, yoghurts, continental and cooked options (you must try the amazing, locally sourced sausages..) and last, but not least - the delicious homemade bread.
My trip was a business one, so I really appreciated the desk and good light in which to work, in my room, and the peace and quiet of the house. There are a selection of restaurants within easy walking distance of Jessamine Cottage so evening meals are close to hand. Absolutely everything and more that you could hope to find away from home. Many thanks, Sue and Winston, for a lovely stay.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank SpencerSurrey
WinstonandSue, Owner at Jessamine Cottage Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2012

Hi Spencer,

Thank you for a fantastic review. It is so rewarding to get such a positve response. We only recently invested in 'memory foam' mattresses and we have had many complimentary responses about them. We bought a memory foam for our own bed and thought they were so good we just had to get them for all our guests.

Glad you liked the home cooked breakfast. We have just started doing a home cooked evening meal as well so next time hopefully we can offer you a meal here in case you want to have a meal in.

All the best

Reviewed 7 October 2011

Jessamine cottage was a pleasant, comfortable place to stay overnight on business. The single bedroom was excellent, with a good desk and powerful shower.
Breakfast was well cooked, with home made bread and a good choice of main courses.
The location is convenient, close to motorways, and near a pub for an evening meal.
In short, a comfortable, convenient stopping place.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank CheshireGenealogist

Dear Cheshire

Thank you for your review. Sue and I are really pleased you liked the room and the shower and of course the breakfast.

We really appeciate you taking the time to review our B&B and we hope you stay with us agin if you come back to Swindon.

Sue and Win

Reviewed 8 September 2011

Highly recommended, the owners are very friendly and couldn't do enough to make my stay enjoyable. Great breakfast and facilities excellent. I will be back here if I ever need to stay in Swindon again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank IanDicker

Hi Ian
Thanks for your kind words. It makes it all worthwhile when we get feedback like yours. We hope you come back to Swindon soon.

Reviewed 1 August 2011

I had a single room.
Staying at Jessamine Cottage feels like coming home. It's warm and friendly.
The breakfast is fantastic. The bedrooms are clean and cosy. The bathroom / shower is perfect. Nice that there was a V220 available.
I had a quiet sleep and woke up by smelling bacon & eggs. :)

'Sure I will come back!'

Thank you for the superior service and the nice chat at breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ClaudiaDCZZ
WinstonandSue, Owner at Jessamine Cottage Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2011

Hi Claudia,
Thanks for your brilliant review. Sue and I are really pleased you had a great time and we really hope you come back soon.
The 220 Volt socket on the side of the illuminated mirror in the bathroom is very handy for charging things like phones.
Winston and Sue

Reviewed 27 June 2011

For the first time I visited Swindon/UK and could not have asked for more being outside my country India.I stayed in this place for almost 5 Months continuously and found a new home.Sue and Winston are like my parents now and we share a great Bond with each other.I noticed that they have that special bond with everyone who visits them which makes this place very special one.I would suggest evryone who visits Swindon should visit Jasmine Cottage and feel the hospitality mixed with lot of Love and care.Genuinely a five star experience.

Sue and Winston....Thanks for making my stay in Swindon a most memorable one which I will cherish throughout my life.

Best Regards,
Praveen

Room Tip: All the rooms are great
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Praveen_25
WinstonandSue, Owner at Jessamine Cottage Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2011

Hi Praveen,

Thank you so much for your writeup on Tripadvisor. We really appreciate you taking the time to let other people know about us.

We thoroughly enjoyed you staying with us and hope you come back to the UK again and can stay with us again.