“Very comfortable and welcoming B&B”

Jessamine Cottage Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #10 of 44 Swindon B&B and Inns
Cheshire, England
“Very comfortable and welcoming B&B”
Reviewed 7 October 2011

Jessamine cottage was a pleasant, comfortable place to stay overnight on business. The single bedroom was excellent, with a good desk and powerful shower.
Breakfast was well cooked, with home made bread and a good choice of main courses.
The location is convenient, close to motorways, and near a pub for an evening meal.
In short, a comfortable, convenient stopping place.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank CheshireGenealogist
WinstonandSue, Owner at Jessamine Cottage Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 2 February 2012
Dear Cheshire

Thank you for your review. Sue and I are really pleased you liked the room and the shower and of course the breakfast.

We really appeciate you taking the time to review our B&B and we hope you stay with us agin if you come back to Swindon.

Sue and Win
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Ipswich
Reviewed 8 September 2011

Highly recommended, the owners are very friendly and couldn't do enough to make my stay enjoyable. Great breakfast and facilities excellent. I will be back here if I ever need to stay in Swindon again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank IanDicker
Hi Ian
Thanks for your kind words. It makes it all worthwhile when we get feedback like yours. We hope you come back to Swindon soon.
Almere, The Netherlands
Reviewed 1 August 2011

I had a single room.
Staying at Jessamine Cottage feels like coming home. It's warm and friendly.
The breakfast is fantastic. The bedrooms are clean and cosy. The bathroom / shower is perfect. Nice that there was a V220 available.
I had a quiet sleep and woke up by smelling bacon & eggs. :)

'Sure I will come back!'

Thank you for the superior service and the nice chat at breakfast.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ClaudiaDCZZ
WinstonandSue, Owner at Jessamine Cottage Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 3 August 2011
Hi Claudia,
Thanks for your brilliant review. Sue and I are really pleased you had a great time and we really hope you come back soon.
The 220 Volt socket on the side of the illuminated mirror in the bathroom is very handy for charging things like phones.
Winston and Sue
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 27 June 2011

For the first time I visited Swindon/UK and could not have asked for more being outside my country India.I stayed in this place for almost 5 Months continuously and found a new home.Sue and Winston are like my parents now and we share a great Bond with each other.I noticed that they have that special bond with everyone who visits them which makes this place very special one.I would suggest evryone who visits Swindon should visit Jasmine Cottage and feel the hospitality mixed with lot of Love and care.Genuinely a five star experience.

Sue and Winston....Thanks for making my stay in Swindon a most memorable one which I will cherish throughout my life.

Best Regards,
Praveen

Room Tip: All the rooms are great
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Praveen_25
WinstonandSue, Owner at Jessamine Cottage Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 17 July 2011
Hi Praveen,

Thank you so much for your writeup on Tripadvisor. We really appreciate you taking the time to let other people know about us.

We thoroughly enjoyed you staying with us and hope you come back to the UK again and can stay with us again.

Southern United kingdom
Reviewed 26 June 2011

Myself and my husband are experinced travellers having stayed at many top five star hotels BUT Jessamine cottage is one of the best bed and breakfasts we have ever stayed. Right from emailing and enquiring about the rooms we had a prompt and prefessional but yet friendly response.
Our stay was tinged with the sadness that My Mother had died and we needed a room for a couple of nights whilst visiting family and organising funeral.
The hosts and owners Winston and Sue were so kind , warm and welcoming. They were also so very kind to me with the loss of my Mother.
The cottage is decorated to a very high standard but yet is homely and very comfortable. We felt at home immediately. Nothing was too much trouble.
The breakfast was simply delicious! I enjoyed smoked salmon with scrambled eggs and toast. The orange juice is freshly squeezed and the bread home made. All food is high quality.
The bed was so comfortable and I slept very well.
Our room was in the attic area and was spacious and luxurious. I particularly enjoyed the corner bath! Lovely foam bath too!
This will be our place to stay each time we visit Swindon!

Room Tip: Book early as demand is high
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank fudge
Hi Fudge,

Thank you so much for your comments on Tripadvisor. Sue and I were pleased to be able to help you out and make your stay in Swindon as good as possible. You were a pleasure to have as guests and hope you can make another trip to Swindon and see you then.