All reviews roll top bath organic farm record player place to stay organic breakfast seasonal menu communal lounge the pub walking the ridgeway lovely village fluffy towels fresh milk one night coffee machine car park wallow valerio
Reviewed 23 June 2018

Even though we were only here one night, it was a perfect stay. Quiet country setting in a lovely English village setting. We will definitely stay here again and explore more of the surrounding area. Everyone was very welcoming and friendly. Breakfast was fresh cooked and right on time. We had to eat and then head to Heathrow. Loved the room and it's decor. Lots of plugs AND USB outlets which was great for charging all of our devices. Wished we had had more time to enjoy.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2018

an oasis of calm & luxury on the Ridgeway...superb locally sourced food, great local ales, wonderfully furnished room and truly lovely staff make this a must go to and must return one day place to stay

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 February 2018 via mobile

I travel and stay in many places around the country. I stayed here every week for the past year and it is easily the best place I’ve stayed.

Tim and the team are passionate about the business. The rooms are fantastic, the food is great and the team are very friendly.

I’d recommend HBRO to anyone and although my work in the area has finished I’ll be coming back, I may even take a detour especially!

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 10 February 2018

Stayed a couple of times recently and have been delighted both times.

Cuckoo Pen is a fantastic room and loved the roll top bath and it was just a lovely place to relax.

Whilst there is a room opposite the rooms where you get fresh milk etc, it would be good to have a small fridge in the room for your own milk rather than having to go across the yard but to be honest this is just a very minor thing for me. Its really not a problem.

We will definitely be back again.

Room tip: Cuckoo Pen is lovely
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 8 February 2018

Stayed one night on business. This property gets full marks on all counts - the staff are very polite and efficient. The rooms are very well equipped and recently refurbished.
I had an evening meal in the pub - the food was absolutely first class. Very friendly atmosphere. I took an early breakfast - once again a good choice and very well presented and cooked.

The property represents very good value for money - only sorry that my stay was so short. Will certainly return again I hope.

You can tell that the aim is to get things right - and as far as I could see, they are succeeding.

Many thanks