All reviews mixed grill lovely pub main road fish and chips cooked breakfast sunday lunch an evening meal plenty of parking shame pint
Reviewed 23 September 2016

stayed one night, room was good, clean and quiet, maybe a little tired but no complaints, I have had far worse for double the price. The hotel/Pub is old and has character, The bar was good and lots of locals that gave atmosphere, I had dinner on my own, service was good and the food was excellent pub grub. good beers, Breakfast was cooked fresh, quick and good service and food.
all in all I will go back, and would recommend as a true value for money hotel

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 September 2016

Fantastic team of friendly welcoming staff. Rooms were good value and the break was great. For a one or two night stopover, this place is a little gem, with a nice beer garden and a good feeling to it. Wi-fi needs attention though as I found it very sporadic.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 August 2016 via mobile

We booked a table just for a meal we were 4 adults and 3 children food was good for the price good choice on the menu but was really let down by staff meals took ages to come out even though it was really quiet lady serving didn't hardly talk or smile just plonked plates down actually walked off then shouted back enjoy your meal like a after thought due to staff attitude we probably wouldn't go back

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 August 2016

Booked a room as we were attending a party close by, the reception process was good but the room was a great dissapointment. The overall impression is of a tired room in need of a freshen-up. Was dissapointed to find only one Bath towel to share which was just not good enough. If there was a positive it was the food, it was plentiful and of good Quality.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 August 2016

I was apprehensive when we drove into carpark. Saw the lettings rooms all in a row in the courtyard as you go into pub entrance. they were two story. The courtyard was full of people all sitting outside and some right in front of the downstairs windows. Not only that but no voiles or nets for privacy at the windows. Also the noise factor! I was relieved when we were given key to one of the upstairs rooms , or I would of asked to be changed. You could still hear people outside as the windows were old and on single glazed. The room was small and cupboards tightened the space getting in and out to bathroom and door. Clean enough .At night it was still busy outside and very noisey til closing time at 11pm. Luckily I had tv on til midnight and didn't need to go to bed were as other people may of. Bed was comfortable and I slept well. The food in evening in pub was lovely. The pub it self was lovely and rustic . The breakfast in morning was ok. I'm not one for cooked breakfast, but thought I'd try it, but option was small pkts of cereals .
I was glad it was one night. Wifi was off and on, really annoying! I wouldn't choose to stay again.

Room Tip: Ask to stay in rooms in hotel, may be quieter.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple