“It was okay - didnt live up to the hype”

Darleys - Restaurant & Terrace
Ranked #31 of 657 Restaurants in Derby
Price range: US$ 38 - US$ 152
Cuisines: European
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018

After hearing the stories and reviews about Darleys I was very much looking forward to spending my 30th Birthday there. The staff were very nice and helpful but I was disappointed with the food, it was okay but not to anywhere near the hype I heard.
The location is beautiful and I can see how attractive it would be in the summer evenings over the weir. But inside it was a bit dated. I expected a little more class from a fine dining establishment. It was just all a bit underwhelming.
Im glad I went but I think there are better places around.

1  Thank Benable

Reviewed 2 April 2018

We went for the tasting menu and it was delicious, very creative and well presented. Some complex and interesting flavour combinations. The staff were warm, knowledgeable and attentive. We had a window seat and the view was stunning. Three things let the experience down: 1) the terrible website. It looks like it was built in the 90s and almost put us off going; 2) The dated décor - fabrics straight out of an eatery, original supporting struts wrapped like a maypole, a red Christmas-esque display (in March??); 3) The waste! Plastic mixers in every drink, a very unnecessary straw in the martinis, butter plate removed from table when bread still remaining and replaced with a full, fresh plate that went largely unused.

I would urge you to look past these things (and ask for no single-use plastics when ordering your drink), and go for the experience of being attentively waited on whilst eating delicious, creative food in a lovely, relaxing and peaceful atmosphere.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Very nice food , but sadly when another member of the family turned up unexpectedly for my birthday after speaking to the the restaurant manager she could not accommodate my guest and he had to leave . No apology was offered and the other 2 guests that he came with had to find alternative transport to get home . !

Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

After hearing so much about this restaurant, was really excited to try it out. Unfortunately, we found the food very hit and miss. The cocktails were also pretty average. Nice service though, however a little style over substance we felt. And very pricey for a less than average experience.

1  Thank Dani0735
Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

I visited on Saturday very good front of house and the food was excellent would recommend. Whilst it was busy we received the required attention