“What a horrendous experience”
Review of Zizzi - Derby

Zizzi - Derby
Ranked #212 of 630 Restaurants in Derby
Price range: US$ 13 - US$ 28
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: At Zizzi we like to do things a little differently. We don’t do over-complicated recipes or scrimpy portion sizes. We’re all about the well-chosen ingredients, simply put together to make exceptional Italian food.Zizzi Derby is situated along Friargate and is great for both parties and smaller groups. It’s design has been inspired by the Rolls Royce factory and the building’s origins as a grocery shop. Its quirky layout helps to add to the great atmosphere on an evening. In summer we fling open all the windows and doors (as long as the sun is shining), which gives the rear conservatory a real feel of the Mediterranean.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We booked for a group of us to eat here for a 30th birthday. The waiter that we had initial contact with was helpful and even allowed us to decorate the table etc.
However the food took 90 minutes to arrive from ordering, it came out with pizzas doughy one end and burnt the other. The rest of the food was bland and tasteless. When asking for updates we were always told soon.
I have a taste card so enjoy eating at restaurants alot, however I will not be coming back here, even with the 50% discount I get.
I even wrote a letter of complaint......they just dont care.
There are much better italian restaurants in Derby

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We had a three course meal which was brought us as a present. The staff are lovely and friendly and the choice was ok.
They didn’t have the pudding we wanted to they gave us the option to chose at no extra cost off the main menu. 3 course set meal with an option to upgrade to a full
Bottle of
Wine for £6. I thought it was well priced and well cooked with generous portions.
Well done zizzi keep up the good work.

Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

Beautiful day for dinner and I would say that the restaurant was very clean and comfortable with good service and good vibes.

Reviewed 4 March 2018

Restaurant is a bit of a strange shape inside. Doesn't look like the best use of the space. Starters arrived quickly and then, oh my goodness, what a wait. Unbelievably long. At one point I wanted to leave but it was cold outside. Waitress apologized and said our order got stuck behind a table of 10's and would be out in 2 minutes. It was more like 10. All in all almost 2 hours for garlic bread, pizza and a dessert. The food was just average too.

Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

15 of us pre-booked Zizzis for Friday night
Majority of us ordering starters and mains at the same time. With a waiting time of over an hour just for starters I was not impressed.

As you can expect - we were famished
No apologises, explanation for delays or update was given.
We later assumed that if the serving time between starters and mains was greatly reduced by the initial wait for the starters we would continue to wait patiently. - How so very wrong we were.

After starters, mains took even longer.

Our waiter was amazing offering drinks and topping up water. Serving the food as quickly as possible. So kudos to him.

We were given forks and plates to eat the birthday cake- Making Zizzis the ideal choice for the bday meal. So thanks for that.

I and my friend chose the same pizza- hers was great, mine was burnt on the edges. Not appealing - making the base hard to cut and the sides inedible.
Starter - sea salt dough bread was very very basic.
Main- Italian Hot. Chillies and pepperoni

Feedback
It would have been ideal if they took our pre-booking choice beforehand -could have reduced the waiting time

We were given utensils to use to eat the bday cake. -Thanks for that

When waiting time has reached over 40mins freebies like drinks or dough-balls could have been offered - gesture of good will?

The spin-it game was a nice touch.

Overall experience - Average
Service - Great
Food - Average
Will I visit again...? - Properly not,but thank you.