“Perfect”

The Paddock
Ranked #166 of 661 Restaurants in Derby
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 18
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Stopped off here for lunch after a shopping trip with my grandson. It was busy but everywhere was clean and tidy. We settled for a burger meal as they were buy one get one free. The meal arrived very quickly it was perfect. The meal was hot and very tasty. The staff were very happy to help and very friendly. We enjoyed our meal and drinks. Very welcoming pub with excellent food and friendly happy staff. Would be happy to eat there again .

Adelle P, Manager at The Paddock, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Thank you for your lovely review.

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

Myself and my partner visited today, and ordered a big plate chicken jalfrezi and a sirloin steak, medium rare. We received our food, to find that my partners yoghurt mint dip was missing - not an issue. I then cut into my steak and it was rare. I took a bite and the steak was stone cold on the centre. When I told a member of staff they responded with “oh god” walked over and took the plate, without telling me if I was going to receive a replacement meal/refund. I waited for a few minutes and then he brought my meal out. Exactly the same steak had just been chucked on the grill/in the merry chef and brought out to me with the same accompaniments. So the steak was now warm and the rest of the meal freezing cold. No body came over at any point to check mine or my partners meals. I told another member of staff who was extremely helpful and told me he would refund the meal. I don’t normally complain or write reviews, however this was unacceptable. Working in this trade, i am aware that you categorically do not provide someone who has complained of a cold piece of meat the SAME piece of meat just slightly warmer.

Adelle P, General Manager at The Paddock, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

Hi
Thank you for your feedback on your recent visit,
If you would like to email the pub directly on 4800@greeneking.co.uk or call on 01332833592 and speak to the manager Adelle

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

Myself and my boyfriend have never been here before so decided to give it a try and we are definitely coming back soon!

As a meat eater I always find it difficult to actually enjoy a pub cooked steak due to it often being over cooked. Today I was blown away at how perfectly cooked this steak was, also everything on the plate was hot including the peas! So happy!

The staff are extremely polite and helpful and are a great asset to the company!

Thank you so much for proving that there are decent steak chefs out there

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

Me and my friends went into the paddock for a casual lunch and the food was exceptionally nice , the pub had a very comfortable and relaxed feel to it and was very clean and tidy. Absolutely amazing service, our waiter Courtney was very smiley and friendly. I would recommend this restaurant and will definitely be visiting again.

Reviewed 28 February 2018

Thank you for continued quality and service, My wife and I with our daughter and her husband and 10 year old daughter, visited the Paddock for a Sunday meal we all had different food and could not fault the quality or service. This is a Hungry Horse pub/restaurant and have always been happy when eating there, having tried other Hungry Horse establishments this is the best.