“good meal”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

5th April 2018 12.00 . On entering all looked clean and tidy, found a table and looked at the menu. Good choices and prices very competative. I decided to try the large breakfast for a change . My companion went for the meat pie . The meals were ordered and came in good time and served by a very nice young lady who was friendly and helpful, a credit to the pub. My breakfast was hot and well presented, and very good value. My companions pie looked well filled and i was told that also was very good. Nice atmosphere, clean, tidy and good meals at a reasonable price. Well worth another visit.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had our second visit here tonight, and both times have been super! Lovely welcoming place to go, the food was great and there's a good space for the kids to play (they got filthy but it's wet and muddy outside folks!). Can't recommend it enough, all the staff are so friendly and helpful, and there's a really nice, relaxed atmosphere. This is turning into our place to go after a trip into town. We are looking forward to coming back when the weather gets better so we can make the most of the lovely outdoor area.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Slight improvement on my previous visit when I left most of my fish as it was virtually raw , this time I only left half of it ! To make matters worse the chips were hard and stodgy .

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We visited the kings corner on a lovely Sunday evening it’s about a 15 minute walk from our house so we thought why not ! We ordered food to be told it would be about an hour which was fine as they were extremely busy! But we told the server we were going to sit outside and he told us we couldn’t because he assigned us a table we didn’t ask for , we went to sit at it and 5 minutes later we told someone else we were moving as we were surrounded by unpleasant men swearing and being extremely loud right by us.
The food came out and it was much quicker than expected but was disgusting ! Both had burgers , both were awful!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Not been here for years and went with family about 1pm on a Friday. It was busy but could still get a table. All of us had the 3 course value menu for around £6 each. What a bargain. Breaded mushrooms to start, hunters chicken for main and choc fudge cake for desert. Although the piece of chicken wasn’t large it was ideal for the price. Place was clean, staff were friendly and helpful and I have to say I will be back.